Cant insert image, claims invalid URL

Works fine for me.
514pmJblwtL._SL1000_.jpg

I can make it work. It is the check box "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" which you have to uncheck. Any image I try and link with the checkbox checked fails. And the checkbox is checked by default...

I can make it work. It is the check box "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" which you have to uncheck. Any image I try and link with the checkbox checked fails. And the checkbox is checked by default...

I don't even have that check box, or if I do, don't see it.

In my experience, the best way to reliably post images on forums is to rehome them using Imgur, TinyPic, Photobucket, or Minus.
CXCLHTE.jpg

The above is from Imgur, because Minus also rejected the Amazon URL as invalid.

Last edited:
Amazon restricts image pulls using the method that is used for the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" option. This is a security measure on their part, and the methods listed above are the only way around it.

Amazon restricts image pulls using the method that is used for the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" option. This is a security measure on their part, and the methods listed above are the only way around it.
I was able to rule out amazon as the culprit. Same symptoms with any image unless the checkbox was unchecked

I was able to rule out amazon as the culprit. Same symptoms with any image unless the checkbox was unchecked

Odd. I'll look into it a bit further. My initial assumption may be incorrect.

I've been unchecking the box for years, since I figured out how to post my first image. I thought that's what you're supposed to do? Shows you how much I know?!?

Back
Top Bottom