Car Flashlight?

will99

NES Member
Any recommendation for a flashlight that I can leave in the car without connecting up any charger? Ideally..would like this to be heavy duty..bright,with replaceable bulbs and excellent standby and on battery life.

I would like to pick up two of these...so any store or sites recommendation would be appreciated.

Thx.

I like the Dorcy line of lights that are available at Target and online. They are ruggedly built, very bright, and won't break the bank. I keep a 120lumen light (~$40) in each vehicle along with a small (thumb size) 45lumen light. Batteries last forever with the LEDs. Only problem is you don't have the heft of a 4D maglight of yester-year

I have a high quality shake flashlight to stay in my truck. The cold kills batteries. It's not super bright but it does the job.

I always carry a surefire G2L on me, so the shake is more like a backup.

Any recommendation for a flashlight that I can leave in the car without connecting up any charger? Ideally..would like this to be heavy duty..bright,with replaceable bulbs and excellent standby and on battery life.

I would like to pick up two of these...so any store or sites recommendation would be appreciated.

Thx.
I know not what you're looking for but it's cheap and it's convenient.
A mag light with LED bulb is always nice. With an LED light battery light should be great.

http://www.batteryjunction.com/titanium-spotlight-bulk.html

theshorelinemarket_2041_404006051

I keep a small 3D maglite in my car. Usually a set will last me a year or
so... so it's not a big deal to cycle them out once a year. Decent runtime, also a long time ago I had put an "improved" maglite bulb in it.

-Mike

Ditto on the 3D Maglite.

Costco had a deal on them with a 2AA Maglite for 20.00 as I remember.

I bought 4 or 5 of them at the time.

so... so it's not a big deal to cycle them out once a year. Decent runtime, also a long time ago I had put an "improved" maglite bulb in it.

-Mike

What is this "improved" maglite bulb you speak of? What kind of improvement does this bulb do? and where?

-Mike

4 D Maglite...works great, just ask Rodney King. Oh, and it works good as a light also. I think since that incident the LA police can only use the small plastic Walmart brand flashlights. I wouldn't recommend those. [rolleyes]

4D Maglite here... with an LED bulb. Heavy Duty, Bright, with the LED bulb you won't need replaceable bulbs, excellent on battery life both on and off.

I also have one of those windy LED flashlights (has lever you wind up to charge the battery)... it's good to have a non-battery light.

But these are all secondary to the Fenix PD20 I keep on my person 24/7.

I keep a surefire G2LED in my car in a small Pelican case with a bunch of spare CR123. It's a backup to the surefire L1 that lives on my belt.

Back
Top Bottom