• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Car Shoot Help

So for the past 2 years the gun club I belong to has been having a NFA shoot twice a year. I am the one that has been providing the machine guns and other NFA items for people to try out. Last shoot I think I had 26 machine guns for people to shoot. Anyway we have been shooting at plastic bottles and milk jugs and things like that so that people have something to shoot at. I wanted to up the fun and suggested that we shoot at a car. I remember the NES car shoots and they where fun. The club board didn't say no they said that it would need further discussion and a firm foolproof plan. So I'm trying to come up with a plan to take to the board.

I was thinking that the car would need to be properly prepped before the shoot. All the fluids drained, all the glass taken out. Someone would need tow it to the shoot and someone would need to take it away after it was shot full of lead. Am I missing anything? Does any of the people that participated in any of the NES cars shoot remember what was done to those cars? Or anyone have any tips on this subject? Just want to have a good plan in place to bring to the board.

So for the past 2 years the gun club I belong to has been having a NFA shoot twice a year. I am the one that has been providing the machine guns and other NFA items for people to try out. Last shoot I think I had 26 machine guns for people to shoot. Anyway we have been shooting at plastic bottles and milk jugs and things like that so that people have something to shoot at. I wanted to up the fun and suggested that we shoot at a car. I remember the NES car shoots and they where fun. The club board didn't say no they said that it would need further discussion and a firm foolproof plan. So I'm trying to come up with a plan to take to the board.

I was thinking that the car would need to be properly prepped before the shoot. All the fluids drained, all the glass taken out. Someone would need tow it to the shoot and someone would need to take it away after it was shot full of lead. Am I missing anything? Does any of the people that participated in any of the NES cars shoot remember what was done to those cars? Or anyone have any tips on this subject? Just want to have a good plan in place to bring to the board.
We just drain the fluids from the car and shoot away. Don't take the glass out. Add a few Tannerite suprise packages hidden the in car for added fun.

Something Id be interested in, put a watermelon or something like thay behind different parts of the car, like rotors or the engine block, the doors etc.

See what survives and what doesnt

I’ll give you a jeep .. but it’s in the Springfield area
Might wanna wait till spring

You just drained the fluids. Leave the glass in and put a tarp down if you must, but it ain’t that much to clean up.

I’ll also bring my machine guns to

One of our club member runs a towing/wrecked car service and gets and preps the cars for our shoot, we donate the money raised to his favorite charity, breast cancer support. A couple of years ago he parked his tow truck with the shot to sh!t car in front of the local Starbucks for a while just for laughs, the local cops asked us not to do that again.

Remove wheels and tires before shoot so you can put them back on after the shoot. Moving a vehicle on wheels is significantly easier. Once vehicle is on flatbed/trailer, police range for vehicle debris and use car as trash. Bring the car to a scrap yard and get some money back from it.

Last edited:
Remove wheels and tires before shoot so you can put them back on after the shoot. Moving a vehicle on wheels is significantly easier. Once vehicle is on flatbed/trailer, police range for vehicle debris and use car as trash. Bring the car to a scrap yard and get some money back from it.
And note how much more it weighs when you bring it back, people will want to know.

We just drain the fluids from the car and shoot away. Don't take the glass out. Add a few Tannerite suprise packages hidden the in car for added fun.
bad idea.

Tannerite should be outside. We had a door blow back 100 yards.

@kingson
This sounds awesome.

If using any sort of explosives, don't allow people to put them behind doors, inside the trunk ...

I don't think we ever had an issue with tannerite placed on the roof or in front of the car.

Man, you have been to many of the past shoots. No need to get your panties all wadded up. Just drain and shoot the fvcking thing.

Back
Top Bottom