Car into crowd Billerica?

My BIL is in auto body and he and his brother buy cars at auction from time to time to fix up and sell. I asked if he goes to this one. He said he avoids it because they drive the cars around too much too close to the crowds instead of just parking them and walking around them.

They average 1000 cars a week. No way to do that without moving the cars. They have a strict 5 mph policy. I suspect OSHA will make them install lolly columns in the lane to keep the car inside ( which would have prevented this ).

The driver has been there for years and has never had a incident before.

One attendee claims the driver "Had trouble walking."
But...That same attendee who "claims the driver had trouble walking" would probably "have trouble walking" too, himself, if he had just accidentally mowed down ten or more people and there was blood everywhere, etc etc...
Heck, I heard that another attendee said that they'd heard that someone said that someone had told them that they'd overheard that someone told someone else that the guy yelled "Allah Akhbar" also, as he "had trouble walking".
(Nothing like jumping to conclusions, but.. hey, that's what makes good news - or good thread post - copy, I guess...)

Just sayin'

Ive been to these auctions and it was just an accident waiting to happen. Crowds and cars all squished together indoors. Just a matter of time. I hear they are putting up concrete dividers and that's a great idea.

Ive been to these auctions and it was just an accident waiting to happen. Crowds and cars all squished together indoors. Just a matter of time. I hear they are putting up concrete dividers and that's a great idea.
Years ago I was at the Peabody auction.. Was working for a car dealer, shuttling cars to and fro...and that morning on the way to one of our lots to get a car and drive it to Peabody, the owner told me what to expect from the auction site.. "Outside, the inspection area is quiet, you walk around freely and check out the cars and..." (which I found to be very true) ... Then he said "inside? It can be either calm or complete f*ckin chaos, depending on who's there..." (which I also found to be very VERY true) . I wonder if it's any better today? Worse?

You can't plant an Ar15 in a trunk. It needs sunlight or all its furniture won't grow properly. Jeez everybody knows that.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

You don't have to wait it grows, just chop it off and put it there.
1z3vu5z.jpg

Driver was reportedly 70 years old with suspended license.
One of the victims was a young woman-first day on the job.
Very sad...

Driver was reportedly 70 years old with suspended license.

The man who drove a Jeep Grand Cherokee involved in a crash that left three people dead at a Massachusetts auto auction did not have an active driver’s license.

The man, who is 76, had his license suspended in 2012 after several incidents that occurred the year before, including impeding operation, no valid inspection sticker and a license plate violation.

The man never got his license reinstated after those incidents, and it expired in June 2015. But he was driving during Wednesday's Lynnway Auto Auction.

http://www.wmur.com/article/5-inves...ion-crash-did-not-have-active-license/9614249

Regardless of how the accident happened, the auction house is screwed because it's their responsibility to make sure all their drivers hold valid licenses.

I'm sure the families are taking note and are gearing up for the lawsuits that will surely follow.

I was surprised that when they had the accident in Framingham that the auction place in Billerica didn't follow suit and update the safety measures there.

Update:

Vehicle auction company and its owner charged in 2017 Billerica crash that killed 5 people
The driver will not be charged, authorities said.

Nearly two years after five people were killed after being struck by a vehicle within the Lynnway Auto Auction Inc. building in Billerica, James Lamb, the company’s owner and president, as well as the company itself, have been charged with five counts each of manslaughter, according to Middlesex District Attorney Marian Ryan’s office in a news release.

However, the unlicensed employee who allegedly drove the vehicle has not been charged. The company has already faced fines and penalties.

If they lose the criminal case a flood of civil suits will follow.
There are some deep pockets to be fleeced.
The auction is part of the Herb Chambers group, which is owned by Berkshire-Hathaway.

Back
Top Bottom