Carlson AR 15 Compensators

M.Nastek

Instructor
NES Member
Just had the oppurtunity to shoot and evaluate my 3 new ARS over the last 2weekends and have decided that my new CARLSON COMP (2" long") on my 14.5 barrel is the way to go.

The response, on target and vertical tracking that it allowed me to acheive is what I have been looking for.

Current mix is Jerry Mic and Stag, Colt etc. With (6) ARS in the Stable they will all get Carlson's real Soon!!!!!!!!!

Mass State acceptable BATF approved and can be purchased at Brownells, DPMS etc.

Mike:
I just finished a Build of my NES AR (With a little Help from a friend,Crushed roll pins suck)and I used a Carlson Comp http://www.carlsoncompsinc.com/ with the same results. Since it was a Mass build I had it pinned and Soldered onto my 16.5 inch DPMS upper I wish I had thought of a 14.5 inch upper. Looks great and shoots even better. I use one on my FA Uzi, and have been very happy with it. Great job Greg cant wait to see The 12 Gauge unit you are working on.

Last edited:
I'm another satisfied customer. I recently had a Carlson Compensator installed on my 18" DPMS AR15. The results were impressive. I was easily able to stay on target. A big bonus is how cool it looks.

Has anyone tried their mini compensator? It looks good for a build I'd like to do.

Greg brought several of his compensators in to our NRA Instructor's class this past weekend. They all looked like quality products and good designs. I'll be trying some on one of my ARs in the near future.

Ken

I'm curious about the blast level, and how much it is over uncomped or a gun with an FH on it.

-Mike

Mike,
The CARLSON COMP will allow the muzzle balst to be directed upward, which in turn forces the muzzle down for faster follow up shots. Do to the dynamics of the comp, it is slightly louder compared to the A2 flash hider. However, it is "less louder" compared to some of the current comps on the market today. To compare a compensator against a FH would be inpossiable do to the function of both devices. Both of the CARLSON COMP and the MINI COMP are MASS COMPLIANT PER ATF.
Thanks, Greg
www.carlsoncompsinc.com

To those that have used the Carlson (or those that have been shooting next to those using them!), how loud would you say it is compared to FH, as well as a bare barrel? I'm looking at picking up a sig 556 and want to dress it up a little.

Hey Greg. I called JT Distributing and they had the Mini Comp. It should be on its way to me.

Thanks.

(I talked to you on the phone about the XCR)

Front Site did a review of a lot of comps, the Carlson comp was one of them.
The Carlson had a recoil reduction of 20%
Miculek was 65%
SJC Lund was 75%

The Carlson comp was designed for muzzle control. Muzzle "flip" plays a considerable factor with fast, accurate follow up shots. In regards to the article in Front Sight there are several variables in relation to the best comp for each individual shooter.
Thanks,Greg
www.carlsoncompsinc.com

The Carlson comp was designed for muzzle control. Muzzle "flip" plays a considerable factor with fast, accurate follow up shots. In regards to the article in Front Sight there are several variables in relation to the best comp for each individual shooter. Thanks,Greg
All comps are designed for muzzle control and fast follow up shots. I agree that there is no one best comp for every shooter, so sell me on why your design works and I'll give it a try

Supermoto
Not all comps are designed for muzzle control, some comps are specificaly designed for recoil and may be suited for a certain caliber. The Carlson Comp was designed to allow the gases to be directed up and out while maintaining enough remaining foward gas to keep the muzzle down, which results in fast follow up shots. If you would like, feel free to contact me (by PM) for a demo at my club. hope this has helped.

Thanks, Greg

I personaly have used all three comps and they all work great. I wish I could swap them all out on the 16 Colt MK18's rifles we have at work great products. they even work well on 308 had one on my rem 700 for S&G

Back
Top Bottom