• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

caught this last weekend

marcthibeaultsalmon1copy.jpg

This is a picture of a nice landlock Salmon I caught this weekend.

Nice catch...not a salmon fan myself though.

Have you ever eaten a Landlock Salmon? If not they are not even close to a normal atlantic salmon.

The only way to eat these are to catch them and belive me they are not easy to catch.

oh yeah, I caught it in Laconia NH on Lake Winnipesaukee using a DB smelt. I am getting it mounted as a replica because I ate it already. I'll post the pics when the mount arrives, which should be in three months. The landlock is very similar to the trout in taste, so my family cooks it like this

gutted and not filleted. Place a crap load of butter in cavity where the guts were and a hit with some salt and pepper. wrap it in tin foil and throw it in the oven at around 400 for about 35mins. Don't open oven until past 30 unless it is smaller then 18inchs.

oh yeah, I caught it in Laconia NH on Lake Winnipesaukee using a DB smelt. I am getting it mounted as a replica because I ate it already. I'll post the pics when the mount arrives, which should be in three months. The landlock is very similar to the trout in taste, so my family cooks it like this

gutted and not filleted. Place a crap load of butter in cavity where the guts were and a hit with some salt and pepper. wrap it in tin foil and throw it in the oven at around 400 for about 35mins. Don't open oven until past 30 unless it is smaller then 18inchs.

I pulled a big lake trout out of Quabbin Reservoir some years ago. Dragged it out of over 90 feet of water. By the time he came up his eyes were bugging out. And my arms were a tad sore.

I gutted him and baked him with a scallop stuffing. Came out nice!

Back
Top Bottom