• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CCI 22 Long Rifle AR Tactical Ammuntion

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
Has anyone tried this? I saw it advertised somewhere and then saw some 375 bulk packs in Walmart for (I think) $19.99. If my math is correct it is a litle bit cheaper than the 1600 round plastic can of CCI Mini Mags. However the label "Tactical" makes me a bit suspicious.

http://www.cci-ammunition.com/products/detail.aspx?use=5&loadNo=0953

I have said this many times....I just cant fathom why these new 22s need special ammo?
My God they made guns 50 plus years ago that shot 22 shorts reliable.
I have a Remington 552 speed master that runs anything....

I have suspected for a while that these are repackaged mini-mags. I buy them occasionally. Nothing bad to say about them.

I believe they are Mini-mags. I read a few threads on another forum I can't remember which though, and they talked about this ammo and no one had anything bad to say about it. Maybe CCI just wanted to put the AR Tactical on it so noobs could buy some good ammo for their M&P 15-22 and similar 22 AR platforms.

Not bad but I use the Winchester M 22 49.99 for 1K in my 15-22 they run fine just like everything else the sales pitch does make you want to buy them that's for sure.

its exactly that a Label, call it tactical and charge more.

ive used them and found just to be just as accurate as SV's. They are better than federal bulk box though.

they have a coating on the bullet looks to be a waxy substance.

I tried it once, I noticed the wax too. Like the CCI Blazer bulk packs. I am going to stick with the federal bulk or CCI MiniMags. Those aren't covered in wax.

Well I picked up a box today and plan to try it soon.

Some observations. First, they are not Mini-Mags. The bullet, while the same weight (40 grains) is a bit fatter and blunter than the Mini-Mag. The MM bullet has a more graceful and even taper to the point. It also has a slightly lower listed velocity, 1200 fps vs 1235 for the MM. And it does have a noticeable waxy feel. BTW, the comparison with the Mini-Mag solid, not the H-P.

The price was not as I remembered. I thought I saw $19.97 last week but today it was $24.97 for 375.

My .22 AR is a Spike's Tactical .22 upper on an Anvil Arms NES lower. I'll try them (hopefully soon) and try to follow-up with a report.

Back
Top Bottom