CCW at the tweeter center?

Does anyone have any experience with this?

I know at the BankNorth Garden they wand you with metal detectors.

I think its safe to say that packing firearms at any concert now is frowned upon.Too big a crowd,too many fools there and too much booze consumed.

it is listed on the comcast center site that firearms are not permitted (we know how much that holds up) but last time I was there, I got a brief pat-down (for a Tool concert).

If they do what they did at the tool concert, they will most definitely pat your wasitline, etc, and they will end up finding something. Just tell them its your blackberry or something [wink]

When I was in college in Worcester I worked at the Centrum doing event security. They did have check points for weapons, so I suppose they discourage carrying. All I know is that if I did carry to a concert, (which I don't think I ever will) I would be paranoid the whole time because of people so tightly packed in. Everytime I got bumped..........

When I was in college in Worcester I worked at the Centrum doing event security. They did have check points for weapons, so I suppose they discourage carrying. All I know is that if I did carry to a concert, (which I don't think I ever will) I would be paranoid the whole time because of people so tightly packed in. Everytime I got bumped..........

everytime you got bumped, anotha man got shot! (/bostonasphalt2s first rap song [smile])

What does it say on the ticket?

Depending on the performer you may or may not get searched. Taking your kids to see the Barney show--you'll walk right in. Going to the Oz Fest--you'll get the pat down of your life.

lol...I meant "every time I got bumped" I suppose I would feel like someone was going for my gun.

Last edited:
The pat downs are Fenway are cursory at best. I think they are looking for people sneaking in snacks or something. The Garden, back when it was the Fleet Center had a hip hop concert that turned violent. Go figure. Anyway about a dozen people were stabbed, some seriously. That might be why they wand people now, although they didn't a few years ago when I went there for a Celtics game.

I think it's safe to assume that any sports venue, concert, or auditorium has a no weapons policy. At least in this state.

The pat downs are Fenway are cursory at best. I think they are looking for people sneaking in snacks or something. The Garden, back when it was the Fleet Center had a hip hop concert that turned violent. Go figure. Anyway about a dozen people were stabbed, some seriously. That might be why they wand people now, although they didn't a few years ago when I went there for a Celtics game.

I think it's safe to assume that any sports venue, concert, or auditorium has a no weapons policy. At least in this state.

Then lets open up a venue that allows guns and has Ted Nugent, Motorhead, and Some Pantera (RIP Dimebag) on stage [devil][rockon]

I have season tickets to the celts and out of over 50 home games this year I think I got wanded twice. Both times the wand beeped over my pockets I said one word "keys" and was let through without further search. I was not carrying either time and did in fact only have keys in my pocket, but if I was carrying the guard would not have ever known. Still I'd discourage carrying at one of these type of events unless you have a very deep concealment rig such as thunderwear.

Dropkick Murphy's St. Patrick's Day concert had pat-downs but no wands. They pretty much only checked pockets and seemed mostly concerned about cigarrettes (People sneaking ganja in a marlboro pack maybe?). They found my Swiss Army knife, made a minor fuss over it, saying it was a concealed weapon (Wonder what they'd have said if I had an LTC-A at that point?), but their "check facility" was a trash can. Buried it in the mulch by the door, retrieved it post-concert no problem. They never patted below the knee, so I could've easily stuck it in my boot. I suspect ankle holsters or (big maybe) thunderwear/smartcarry would've gotten through no problem, but ankle rigs don't always fit over boots, de rigeur for mosh pit. I'd be concerned about retention in that situation too.

I just got back from a concert and they did no wand waving.
They just made sure you didn't have any lawn chairs or umbrellas.

I also do occasionally carry in "thunderwear" ( I use smartcarry ) and was doing so tonight. No issues except for discomfort in the way I had to sit with it.

I just got back from the Maroon 5 concert at the Tweeter center. There was no security check whatsoever. Well they did peek into the girls' purses, other than that you could stick an AR15 under your shirt and walk right in.

I just got back from the Maroon 5 concert at the Tweeter center. There was no security check whatsoever. Well they did peek into the girls' purses, other than that you could stick an AR15 under your shirt and walk right in.

I had never seen counting crows in concert before.

The dude looked like he crawled out of a box in chinatown and rode his bicycle to the tweeter center. I pictured him as maybe a little bit more cleaned up.

Back
Top Bottom