• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CCW on the "T"

The strip searches on the platforms aren't real thorough yet! [wink] [laugh2]

j/k

They talk alot, but nothing really changes.

I've been CCW'g on the T since 1976 and have never seen any security measures that would give me any concern wrt being outed. I see plenty of security (lack thereof) concerns however on the T.

Their officers are extremely well trained and tough, but there are too few and when they are in a station they tend to "cluster" and chat amongst themselves instead of spreading out and being observant.

I carry everyday, pretty much everywhere (except into work).

If I didn't carry anywhere, I'd carry on the T on my way to Boston. [grin]

BTW, I was working in Boston before/during/after 9/11 and taking the T (commuter rail and Orange Line) daily. What I stated above was true then and still true.

Putting aside pragmatics (i.e., will anyone know?), I am aware of no prohibition on licensed carrying of firearms on MBTA facilities.

Check http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=13597&page=3

Short of a slung AR15, I wouldn't expect T cops to notice CCW, assuming you don't fit a profile or expose. They were doing some wanding one day at South Station a few years back - one of the old fellows who stands/sleeps by the bus station escalator - I just casually walked away until he moved on.

Back
Top Bottom