For those who question the strength of M2A1 vs M2A2 ammo cans, here's an interesting article on the subject.

Interesting. I've gone away from the fitty cal cans and gone to thirtys. The fittys weigh to much to tote any distance when full of 9mm. The thirtys stack in a 2x4 wall cavity mostly.
I agree on the "full" weights of loose ammo, the .50 cans get heavy.

What I don't like about the .30cal cans is (and I use a bunch of them for 1919 linked ammo) they lack stability when stacked. The stack wobbles when 4-5 high. The .50's are much more stable, even at 6-7 high.

Best "hack" I've found is to take a standard US Army wool blanket, and with careful folding, put it in a .50 Cal can.

I've only needed it a couple of times, but having a nice, dry blanket that was accessible in 15 seconds was friggin' awesome.

IF you try this, it will probably take a few tries to get the right fold series, and a bit of pressure to get the lid shut.

Best "hack" I've found is to take a standard US Army wool blanket, and with careful folding, put it in a .50 Cal can.

I've only needed it a couple of times, but having a nice, dry blanket that was accessible in 15 seconds was friggin' awesome.

IF you try this, it will probably take a few tries to get the right fold series, and a bit of pressure to get the lid shut.
Never tried it, but I know wool is bulky and will compress a lot.

I'd just use a vacuum bag. [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom