changing to a personal avatar??

I think you need to be a paid member to change it... but it is in the User CP.

Yeah, that is correct. You get an avatar (and other stuff-- see the sticky by derek on memberships) for $19 a year.

Doob is right- You need to become a paid NES member to get an avatar.

Two people just told me I was right!!! My ego feels so good right now! [wink]

Plenty of benefits of becoming a green member... or downsides if you get involved in all the group buys....

....for some reason I subconsciously round it up- must be too many Ron Popeil commercials... )
Group buy on the bagel cutters and cheesey overpriced toasters! [smile] Yeah, I need to deal with this insomnia thing soon... [sad]

Two people just told me I was right!!!

Go on that date and that will change quickly enough... [smile]

Last edited:
how do some users with black names have avatars?

I am betting former paid members who stopped paying but the avatar was not removed. The restriction in the forum software is probably on editing the user record, not on display so after the group (as in paid members) membership expires, the record with avatar/signature stays.

how do some users with black names have avatars?

If you look at their join date it'll be be before the forum went with a paid member level. When the form was started, everyone was able to have an avatar. They're leftovers.
I believe if your membership expires, the avatar disappears.

If you look at their join date it'll be be before the forum went with a paid member level. When the form was started, everyone was able to have an avatar. They're leftovers.
I believe if your membership expires, the avatar disappears.

Indeed it does. That's how I knew I had lapsed! [grin]

We'll see how it goes tonight :) hopefully her work won't prevent her from going out. We were going to meet up last night but on her way one of her clients needed her to come over to help a horse that was caught in a fence.

You jinxed me.... [angry] She hasn't called me yet.

EDIT: She just called and we chatted for a while and have plans for Sunday hopefully they don't get squashed by weather or work for her.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom