Cheap AK's

"True" AK-47s are Full Auto. So, no none of them are really true AK-47s.

Also look at the file footage of Bin Ladin with his AK-47, the real ones seem to cut the barrel at ~45 angle, plus barrels are a good deal shorter than 16".

Jon,

You just have to make Chief to solve that problem, right? [wink]

When I post a technical answer, I try to go beyond the question asked (for the benefit of lurkers/others who also read the thread). Many may not know that Gen'l Mikhail Kalashnikov's AK-47 was never built as a semi-auto. That it was modified for US commercial consumption and BATFE regs.

BTW, there was a couple of History Channel broadcasts about the AK-47 including interviews with the General. Great info!

LenS said:
Jon,

You just have to make Chief to solve that problem, right? [wink]

When I post a technical answer, I try to go beyond the question asked (for the benefit of lurkers/others who also read the thread). Many may not know that Gen'l Mikhail Kalashnikov's AK-47 was never built as a semi-auto. That it was modified for US commercial consumption and BATFE regs.

BTW, there was a couple of History Channel broadcasts about the AK-47 including interviews with the General. Great info!

Brother Len, I have NO intention of being chief, EVER! [shock] But you're right, it would rectify that problem post-haste!

I know that your postings include everyone, I just didn't want to look stupid, again [wink]

BTW: that first link was very informative

Brother Jon, somehow I could guess that. Good cops usually do NOT want to be chief. Playing the politics of chief is a whole another world!

Years ago, officers here would do anything to AVOID working days, they didn't want to deal with the admin!

No, I just wanted to share the info so that everyone gets the opportunity to learn what the AK-47s are all about. I found those good links some time ago.

Personally what I know about the AK-47 could fit on the head of a pin. Never fired one, bought an SAR-1 in 2000, but it's still sitting with 3# of cosmoline just like Century Arms shipped it to the dealer! Hopefully after my new oil burner is installed and I reassemble my benches for reloading and leave a large space for serious gun cleaning, I'll get to clean it and give it a work-out.

I bought a SAR-1 when my FFL offered it to me at a ridiculously low price ($200 IIRC). Was lucky to be able to get some inexpensive 20 and 30 round mags through the internet. Have fired it once or twice and it shoots well but it does have a case of trigger slap. I plan on getting a new trigger group and trying to change it out. They can be fun guns.

JonJ,

Brother Len, I have NO intention of being chief, EVER!

Just one comment. We've had a few good chiefs here in my town but other places also need chiefs with common sense and the interests of the people at heart.

I'd ask you to re-consider your plans.

FPrice said:
Just one comment. We've had a few good chiefs here in my town but other places also need chiefs with common sense and the interests of the people at heart.

Don't get me wrong, there are lots of good chiefs. They are the one that haven't forgotten where they came from, they have a rare commodity, common sense. Others? Well I guess those are the ones that were a**h***s when they were in the rank and file and just continue with that attitude all the way up. Or, they got that little taste of power that goes to their head, hence the clowns that love to wear 4 stars on their collars.

Thanks FP!

FPrice said:
I bought a SAR-1 when my FFL offered it to me at a ridiculously low price ($200 IIRC). Was lucky to be able to get some inexpensive 20 and 30 round mags through the internet. Have fired it once or twice and it shoots well but it does have a case of trigger slap. I plan on getting a new trigger group and trying to change it out. They can be fun guns.

Great deal!

FPrice said:
We've had a few good chiefs here in my town but other places also need chiefs with common sense and the interests of the people at heart.

It's hard to make sense when all many think about is dollars.

Back
Top Bottom