Chester, NH Pin Shoots

Just a few words of praise for the Chester Rod and Gun Club and their most excellent bowling pin shooting matches.

http://www.chesterrodandgunclub.com/HandgunPinShoots.html

This is handgun shooting in the old style. Iron sights only in the centerfire categories (pistol and revolver), and the only ammunition that works is medium-to-large caliber cartridges that can deliver sharp-shouldered bullets with a power factor of at least 200. NO typical IPSC/IDPA load will do this.

A shooter who can drive five pins back over three feet with five shots in less than eight seconds is a shooter I want on my team!

You may think that .45 ACP hardball works fine in this event, but it takes a tip-top shooter to clear the table with even eight shots.

In my .45 ACP pin-gun, I drive 253-gr SWC bullets at 875 FPS. This gets the job done quite well, with deadwood a rare thing.

I would hope that shooters would use suitable ammunition; it is the easiest way to improve one's performance.

They also have a really competitive .22 handgun event as well, with scopes allowed.

The next match is a rifle pin shoot on 02June07, and the next handgun match is on 16June07.

Nearly all of these matches are held on Saturdays, which honors the Lord.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom