Chicopee Sportsman Club

Just wondering if anyone here is a member, and what you think of the club. I sent my application in a week ago, as I need a new place to shoot my new AR. [smile]

I was a member there for a few years when I lived in Chicopee, its a nice big club I really liked it, the only thing missing was an indoor range. you will enjoy it they usually have a lot of different things going on there through out the year, turkey shoots ect...

Thanks boaz01331for the info! Since I'm a member at Smith & Wesson, an indoor range is not an issue. I'm looking forward to seeing the place, looks good from what the show on their website.

Thanks again!

I've been a member ever since I moved here in 1991. It has some nice ranges (200 yards for rifle) and is fairly active for shooting competitions (although probably not as active as many others). I think that you will enjoy it.

Thanks FPrice, Do you happen to know if they send you the information to get in, or do they want me to attend a meeting? It does not mention the procedure to join, just provides
a membership application on their site.

Thanks again

As far as I know you can either bring the application to the monthly meeting (first Thursday of the month at the New Ludlow Rd American Legion) or mail it to the club.

I would suggest bringing it to the next meeting this coming Thursday. You get it faster plus you get to meet some of the other members.

Ok, I sent it via US Mail last week, along with the dues. I see from the site, that they want people to call for the meeting time. Hopefully it's late enough where I can make it. Sometimes I have to work later in the evening.

Thanks again.

People usually start gathering around 7:00pm. I have no idea if this week will be different.

On the membership form it says "Family $50.00; Senior (over 18) $40.00; Senior Citizen (65) $20.00; Junior (under 18) $10.00"

I sent my application over 2 weeks ago, and have not heard anything back. I went to the meeting on Thursday night, and they told me the person in charge of memberships has been sick. So you may not hear back for a bit.

Hope this helps.

ETA: Received my membership and info today. looking forward to being a member there, from what I heard at the meeting, they have lots going on there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom