Civilians wearing surplus BDUs?

Cross-X said:
Thanks for the info.

Just so you know, Mr. Grammarian, the last "s" in SEALs should be typed or written in lower case. (grin)
You are correct; I did know that and did make a misteak. Oops.

I love my surplus BDUs. Though I think it's fairly obvious I'm not a military poseur since I'm fairly certain that hemming them to be capris is not regulation...

I still have BDU pants (and shirts) but I prefer my older OD uniforms for comfort, and jeans for utility. I don't think most people care, but if you were in uniform at some time, the patches should be removed if you're using them for work / range pants.

even though i don't wear em,i have a pair with desert camo pattern.pretty much brand new.plus i have a field jacket without the cold weather lining that i use during the winter months..

I don't care if you wear the whole outfit.

But then, I wore BDUs for all of a week out of the ten years I spent wearing Navy uniforms. About 60% of my time was wearing Working Khaki. The balance was spent in Summer White, Summer Khaki, Service Dress Blue, or Working Blues Alpha or Delta.

Last edited by a moderator:
I gotta say that the BDU pants worked out great for paintball today - I'm not sure my jeans would have ever been usable for work again if I'd worn them. I'm gonna get a jacket for next year's paintball event, though... I'd thought that we were going to play paintball on a field; instead most of it was in the woods. A black t-shirt helped, but I think that the jacket would have helped more.

Interestingly enough, there was an Army Master Sgt there with his son - son was wearing Dad's BDU's, too. [grin]

Ross, they are a pair of surplus pants, (i do not know what BDU stands for)
if they will a need for you buy them. PS make sure you wear them so i
can see them. I might like them myself.

JImB

I don't think it's a problem unless there's unit insignia on it. Since there's no insignias on pants you're covered. What I think IS funny is these young kids walking around with ATF and FBI T-shirts. Like someone that's off duty would announce themselves.

Back
Top Bottom