%^#$^%#! Class A with restrictions!

to the op...

First, you made a big mistake by trying to get a license in Brocton...you should have known better. You could have gone the West Bridgewater route with few problems.

Now here is what you need to do...

You need to explain to the chief, that while you greatly appreciate the allowance of "employment" on the license...you need to have him issue you an unrestricted license because the terms of the current restrictions may be unclear under several reasonable circumstances.

On call? Not on call? Working? Not working? The restrictions create a confusing situation where it may be unclear as to where you stand legally.

And since you, as a law abiding citizen, would never want to do anything contrary to the law, you are asking him to reconsider your situation.

Lowell did the same thing to me years ago (until I moved to a green town), and my advice would be strap the gun on, and don't worry about it.

Who the hell can tell you if you are working or not? Who says you need a pager and gear? Some random LEO? Please.

If you need it and don't have it, the LEAST of your worries is if you are working or not.

First off, he shouldn't get pulled over. Drive smart. Drive legal.

Secondly, even if he did get pulled over, why would/should the police ask him if he is carrying? I know newbies can't believe everyone doesn't know they are carrying, but they really don't.

You'd have to do something wrong to get pulled over, and then do more wrong to get taken out of the car and searched. If you're likely to do those things, you shouldn't be carrying anyway.

you say that, yet my wife, who is likely the most honest and honest looking person you will ever meet was pulled over by a statie several years back. guess what... people, even very honest people, make mistakes and speed 11 miles over the speed limit at times.

AND the first thing Mr. Statie did was ask for her license.. SECOND (remember, she is likely the most honest LOOKING person I have seen.) he asked if she had any, guns, knives, rocket launchers, hand granades, ect... on her.

So they DO ASK. [rolleyes]

And, I can imagine that people (honest people) are already nervous enough when they get pulled over... IF someone is concerned about this in the first place, they would be more nervous if they were carrying when pulled over. That would likely make the LEO more likely to ask.

Additionally, and no disrespect to our NES LEO's, but i have met my fair share of LEOs on a power trip. I have been in the private security for 16 years and had dealings with many, many officers. Many of them, helpful. yet I would not hesitate to say that 1 in 5 only cared about letting you know how much better of a person he was then everyone else.

Pissing on his concerns do not solve them, they only make them stink worse.

Last edited:
you say that, yet my wife, who is likely the most honest and honest looking person you will ever meet was pulled over by a statie several years back. guess what... people, even very honest people, make mistakes and speed 11 miles over the speed limit at times.

AND the first thing Mr. Statie did was ask for her license.. SECOND (remember, she is likely the most honest LOOKING person I have seen.) he asked if she had any, guns, knives, rocket launchers, hand granades, ect... on her.

So they DO ASK. [rolleyes]

And, I can imagine that people (honest people) are already nervous enough when they get pulled over... IF someone is concerned about this in the first place, they would be more nervous if they were carrying when pulled over. That would likely make the LEO more likely to ask.

Additionally, and no disrespect to our NES LEO's, but i have met my fair share of LEOs on a power trip. I have been in the private security for 16 years and had dealings with many, many officers. Many of them, helpful. yet I would not hesitate to say that 1 in 5 only cared about letting you know how much better of a person he was then everyone else.

Pissing on his concerns do not solve them, they only make them stink worse.

Years ago I remember hearing a term "quiet confidence." You could be a man of few words and handle yourself in such a professional way that you would been seen as a strong, confident person. It's the people who run their mouths constantly to show how smart they are and how much they know, the ones that are contrary to everything you say just be to be contrary, they stick out as the proverbial turd in the punchbowl. These are the ones who got their lunch money stolen from them as kids. I just let them run their mouths, the psychological issues run too deep to stop short of telling them to sit down and STFU. It's easier for me to just remain unimpressed.

Back
Top Bottom