Cleaning Ammo

N.E. CHARTERS

Banned
I just traded a windsurfer for a bunch of variouse .22 ammo(Some in original old paper boxes) and a half dozzen boxes of 30-06FMJ Genuine Russin Hunting Ammo with steel cases

Also got whole big box (hundreds of rounds) of old 30-06 military FMJ that is pretty dirty. Im wondering how I could go about cleaning the ammo before using it at the range?

Options: Throw it all in the Tumbler for a few hours? [shocked]

Options: Wipe it all down with a spay bath of simple green? [hmmm]

Options: Im open to Ideas [rolleyes]

Ill end up with lots of empty brass cases when Im done shooting it If anyone loads 30-06??????????

[laugh2]

Throw it in the tumbler. Seriously I do it all the time, and have read of hundreds of other reloaders doing the same thing. When it's in the tumbler, stick your hand into the media and feel the ammo, it does not sit on the bottom, or clank around, it just floats in the media.

I have even read reports about the large reloading factory's doing this so that the commercial ammunition you get is bright and shiny!

When you say dirty do you mean tarnished? If that's the case just inspect the rounds for deterioration and defects and shoot em. If it's dirt I would just wipe em down and and inspect and shoot. I have a lot of CMP ammo that looks dirty because it's tarnished, but there ain't no way in hell I am gonna waste time trying to polish it. Besides it's gonna get all dirty again after you fire it. But that's just my opinion. [wink]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom