Club rules regarding minors

Do you allow minors who possess FID cards to shoot without supervision at your club’s ranges?

Indoor only? Outdoor only? Either?

Why or why not?

No. One has to either be a member or under the supervision of one. There's no specific rule about minors, but one has to be at least 18 to become a member.

Ken

Do you allow minors who possess FID cards to shoot without supervision at your club’s ranges?

Indoor only? Outdoor only? Either?

Why or why not?

This is a two-headed question:

- Guests at all 4 clubs that I've ever belonged to can not (per club rules) be allowed to "just shoot" without a member present. Age is not the issue, club membership is the issue.

- At least 3 of those clubs have a "junior membership" category, that allows minors with an FID to become a junior member. Some of those clubs (might be all, but I'd have to review all clubs' rules) require them to only be on the range with a senior member as in no case were they given a club key to the facilities (may not be true at BR&P, unsure w/o reading the rules). The 4th club, I just don't recall if there was a category for junior membership or not and I no longer belong to that club.

Back
Top Bottom