CO: Shooting at Movie Theater in Aurora

has anyone even confirmed yet that the shooter was actually wearing real body armor? i read a news article that mentioned him buying a blackhawk tactical vest online, not the same thing as an actual bullet proof vest obviously. i just wonder because the media tends to over-hype things like that quite a bit.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/2...-suspect-laid-out-plans-in-package-mailed-to/

James Holmes, the accused gunman in last Friday's midnight movie massacre in Colorado, mailed a notebook "full of details about how he was going to kill people" to a University of Colorado psychiatrist before the attack, but the parcel sat unopened in a mailroom for as long as a week before its discovery Monday, a law enforcement source told FoxNews.com.

“Inside the package was a notebook full of details about how he was going to kill people,” the source told FoxNews.com. “There were drawings of what he was going to do in it -- drawings and illustrations of the massacre."

Among the images shown in the spiral-bound notebook’s pages were gun-wielding stick figures blowing away other stick figures.

So he cried for help and mommy and daddy didn't love him enough once again... [thinking]

Ugh... Obviously there are a lot of complex issues with mental illness, but I really do think one of the reasons we we these sorts of events is because kids are robbed of the experience of failure when they are young and simply don't have the skills to deal with it. Add in a little natural chemistry issue and viola, you get thee monsters.

has anyone even confirmed yet that the shooter was actually wearing real body armor? i read a news article that mentioned him buying a blackhawk tactical vest online, not the same thing as an actual bullet proof vest obviously. i just wonder because the media tends to over-hype things like that quite a bit.
As I understand it, there is confirmation that he was wearing only the killy-looking blackhawk tactical vest... But of course that won't keep the moonbats from repeating the lie over and over.

The rate dipped in the mid-1930s, staying relatively low before surging again in the 1970s through 1990s. Some criminologists attribute the late-century spike to the potential for instant notoriety: Beginning with Charles Whitman’s 1966 shooting spree from atop a University of Texas tower, mass murderers became household names.

So , really, the media is responsible for the mass murders

http://www.greenvilledragnet.com/rotten-reporting-james-holmes-was-not-wearing-a-bulletproof-vest/

One of the the most reported facts about the Aurora shootings was that James Holmes was wearing a “bulletproof vest” yet like so many other things the media says this is simply not true. Ace of Spades links to a .pdf of the receipt for Holmes’ “bulletproof vest” which shows that it was actually a “tactical” vest of the type used by paintballers, mall ninjas and people who play too much Call of Duty. It was a Blackhawk Urban Assault Vest which is the kind of thing you buy on Amazon for about $100.
This is important for two reasons. One is that despite the narrative of of people who claim we need more regulations there is not a regulation that can be passed that would stop people from owning a cheap vest with big pockets. Depriving me of the ability to own a kevlar vest (which I do own in the form of a German flak jacket I keep as a collector piece) would not effect people like Holmes buying the vests he used in the crime.
More importantly the media is trying to build a narrative that suggests that people who were armed couldn’t have stopped the massacre – because Holmes was wearing a “bulletproof vest” but frankly you can stick a box cutter through one of these vests. Gun free zones (like movie theaters) are picked by mas murderers specifically because they know people are helpless. Some media folks are so invested in trying to become another legislative branch that they use tragedies to push their pet laws. The argument that if someone had a gun they could have stopped Holmes is too hard to argue around so the media is trying to defuse it by claiming Holmes was bulletproof anyway.
Not that bulletproof vests will actually stop bullets – nothing will 100% of the time. But the problem is that people watch the news for facts and yet again we see that the media is not interested in actually finding out facts just making up information as they go along. And this can have consequences both legislatively and in an emergency. Imagine some of these suckers being confronted by some rapist in a paintball outfit and thinking that the person is “bulletproof” so they can’t defend themselves with their car keys even though a hard punch with the keys will go right through the vest. Or how some of these shmos will panic when some kid out playing airsoft goes to buy a soda.
Facts matter.

Shooter charged

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20120730/DA0BBA7G2.html

Colorado prosecutors have formally charged a former doctorate student with 24 counts of murder in the shooting at an Aurora movie theater.

Twenty-four-year-old James Holmes appeared Monday and was also formally charged with 116 counts of attempted murder.

Twelve people were killed and 58 people were wounded or injured. The breakdown of the charges was not immediately clear.

He's also charged with a one count of possession of explosives. Authorities say he booby trapped his apartment.

If only 12 people died, and 58 were wounded, how can you be charged with double counts of murder and attempted murder?

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20120730/DA0BBA7G2.html

If only 12 people died, and 58 were wounded, how can you be charged with double counts of murder and attempted murder?
Was wondering that too... Some quirk of the law - charging him with multiple types of murder would be my guess.

Initial charges are a diaper+wall exercise... Throw it. See if it sticks... You need to toss everything you have immediately and then charges will get tossed later.

Unfortunately, this tactic, while understandable in some contexts such as this one, is often used to leverage unjust plea-bargains.

http://www.greenvilledragnet.com/rotten-reporting-james-holmes-was-not-wearing-a-bulletproof-vest/

One of the the most reported facts about the Aurora shootings was that James Holmes was wearing a “bulletproof vest” yet like so many other things the media says this is simply not true. Ace of Spades links to a .pdf of the receipt for Holmes’ “bulletproof vest” which shows that it was actually a “tactical” vest of the type used by paintballers, mall ninjas and people who play too much Call of Duty. It was a Blackhawk Urban Assault Vest which is the kind of thing you buy on Amazon for about $100.
This is important for two reasons. One is that despite the narrative of of people who claim we need more regulations there is not a regulation that can be passed that would stop people from owning a cheap vest with big pockets. Depriving me of the ability to own a kevlar vest (which I do own in the form of a German flak jacket I keep as a collector piece) would not effect people like Holmes buying the vests he used in the crime.
More importantly the media is trying to build a narrative that suggests that people who were armed couldn’t have stopped the massacre – because Holmes was wearing a “bulletproof vest” but frankly you can stick a box cutter through one of these vests. Gun free zones (like movie theaters) are picked by mas murderers specifically because they know people are helpless. Some media folks are so invested in trying to become another legislative branch that they use tragedies to push their pet laws. The argument that if someone had a gun they could have stopped Holmes is too hard to argue around so the media is trying to defuse it by claiming Holmes was bulletproof anyway.
Not that bulletproof vests will actually stop bullets – nothing will 100% of the time. But the problem is that people watch the news for facts and yet again we see that the media is not interested in actually finding out facts just making up information as they go along. And this can have consequences both legislatively and in an emergency. Imagine some of these suckers being confronted by some rapist in a paintball outfit and thinking that the person is “bulletproof” so they can’t defend themselves with their car keys even though a hard punch with the keys will go right through the vest. Or how some of these shmos will panic when some kid out playing airsoft goes to buy a soda.
Facts matter.

You would think that with the gubberment giving him housing, welfare and education along with phychiatric help at the school he would have lived a little larger. That whole help thing he got at the school is bound to come up as an issue.[sad]

If you fire a bullet and it misses someone by 6 inches.....thats attempted murder isnt it?

Was wondering that too... Some quirk of the law - charging him with multiple types of murder would be my guess.

Initial charges are a diaper+wall exercise... Throw it. See if it sticks...

Yeah. Those darn private businesses and their rights. Forcing the patrons to attend when there were other options in the area. We should force them all to do what we want them to do.

Just looking to see the system that doles out millions to people who spill coffee on themselves switch over to something new [laugh]

That was sarcasm, like the first post. Sorry I got lazy and skipped the [/sarcasm].

Lawsuits, needless to say are out of control. This is just another example. If you wanted to go to a cinema and carry a gun clearly there were a lot of options in the area.

Blaming a business owner for your voluntary decision to patron their shop is asinine.

Yeah. Those darn private businesses and their rights. Forcing the patrons to attend when there were other options in the area. We should force them all to do what we want them to do.

Have to agree with you on that one. Concealed is concealed, and I know plenty of members on here that would tell the theater to go f*** off and carry anyways. Or simply choose another theater. I don't understand the logic or lack of logic in stories like this.

Back
Top Bottom