Co-Witness AR question

I understand the difference between absolute and 1/3 co-witness, but I don't have any experience shooting w/this set up.

I'm running a standard AR front sight post, (View attachment 57577) w/a rear Magpul/MBUS flip up. I like to keep my head/cheek tucked in tight to the stock so I'm thinking I want an absolute witness to keep the scope mounted low. The optic is 30 MM. My question is when you are looking through the scope(red dot on) is the front sight really obvious or does it just become a blur ? Is it better to go w/ the 1/3 ?

Any recomendations would be helpful. Thanks.

Last edited:
Man that looks just like my Spikes upper that I bought for $450 at a Florida gun show! It looks really nice on my Spikes Punisher lower too!

Charles.

i have a reflex sight co-witnessed with my FSB. the front sight is there, but the dot for me is right at the top of it, making it a nice dotted "i". works great.

Last edited:
As long as you dial the optic in then in a absolute co-witness set up the red dot (Aimpoint) or dot / circle (Eotech) then the red dot will be or show right at your front sight tip. If your looking at the red dot [the front sight tip] then your not even going to notice the A - Frame front sight tower.

smitty

As long as you dial the optic in then in a absolute co-witness set up the red dot (Aimpoint) or dot / circle (Eotech) then the red dot will be or show right at your front sight tip. If your looking at the red dot [the front sight tip] then your not even going to notice the A - Frame front sight tower.

smitty

Cool. That's what I was hoping for. Thanks. Any suggestions on a lo-mount ? That particular scope comes w/a hi (1/3 mount) . PA is telling me they don't have a lo-mount for it ?

Last edited:
my reflex has a high mount, but it's a different sight.

high mount:

601374_503119056401239_1419678276_n_zpsc341f56a.jpg

np, plenty more in the hora dolor II album, i believe i linked to it in the thread over in competition if you want to try to catch some alternate views.

I like to use a c-more sight for co-witness, the larger glass allows me to get above the sights, for an unobstructed view. But will co-witness right on the front post and still be parallax free

Attachments

• co-witness.JPG
    co-witness.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 47
I like to use a c-more sight for co-witness, the larger glass allows me to get above the sights, for an unobstructed view. But will co-witness right on the front post and still be parallax free

Nice set up. Thanks for bringing up the parallax free feature. I forgot about that [hmmm]

Back
Top Bottom