Coakley on WTKK

I was on my way to drop my truck off for some service this AM (around 9:45 or so) TKK was on, and Coakley was on with Jim and Margery.

This is when I almost swerved off the road and into oncoming traffic, Martha (Marcia) was actually denouncing the governer's one-gun-a-month bill. She was clear that illegal gun in MA DON'T come from licensed mass gun owners unless they are stolen. She continued to defend why someone would want to and should be able to buy a number of firearms in one transaction, not to have to wait 30 days between purchases.

[shocked]

I was at a loss for words...

Any one else hear this?
You're kidding me. Anywhere on the web I could listen to a replay?

+1. To this day, I can't convince some people that Abraham Lincoln or Martin Luther King Jr were republicans. The fact that the KKK historically was and still is (for the most part) a Democratic organization doesn't seem to sink in. Hell, even after showing that they're registered democrats (some holding public office), people still refused to believe that the Westboro Baptist Church was a Democrat organization. As far as they're concerned, it's the conservatives are the only people capable of hate, racism and discrimination, when in reality, it's the left that are the biggest hate mongers.

"left" and "right" don't match up to "democrat" or "republican" very well, once you go earlier than the very very late 20th century. Nor do "conservative" or "liberal", or even "libertarian". All of these labels have been hijacked by groups to forward their own agenda.

Statements like "it's the left that are the biggest hate mongers" don't really make any sense.

"The Democratic Party was in favor of slavery in the 1860's" is true, but "the Democratic party is in favor of slavery" is patently absurd.

Let's look at the facts. The Attorney General is a constitutional officer (i.e. politician) and is not a mouth-piece for the executive branch the way it is at the federal level or for the EOPPS secretary. She has nothing to be gained by hitching her star to Gov. Patrick's wagon. She also suffered an embarrassing defeat to Scott Brown and is probably rethinking her support base. I'm sure that in her heart she knows OGAM is meaningless and she's decided there's nothing to be lost by saying so.

When persecuting lawful gun owners and dealers, the current AG's regime has largely coasted on the inertia created by her two immediate predecessors and hasn't made any significant efforts to create their own mark. Heck you can't even find 940 CMR 16.00 on the AG's website unless you specifically search for it. I'm not sure if this is due to different priorities, an opinion that 940 CMR 16.00 and the out-of-state ammo ban are not supportable, or because she isn't as anti gun as Riley or Harshbarger. It's not what I'd call a reversal, or even progress, but our problems are still rooted in the actions of her predecessors.

Time to act again!

CALL EVERYONE ON THE HOUSE WAYS AND MEANS COMMITTEE IMMEDIATELY!

YOU KNOW THE DRILL

If you don't get someone today, leave a message AND CALL TOMORROW MORNING!

2010 MA House Ways and Means Committee:

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
CHARLES A. MURPHY Telephone: 617-722-2990
E-Mail: [email protected]

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
BARBARA A. L'ITALIEN Telephone: 617-722-2380
Email: Rep.BarbaraL'[email protected]

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
STEPHEN KULIK Telephone: 617-722-2380

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
ANGELO M. SCACCIA Telephone: 617-722-2060
E-Mail Address: [email protected]

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
GLORIA L. FOX Telephone: (617) 722-2810

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
ROBERT M. KOCZERA Telephone: 617-722-2582

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
CHRISTINE E. CANAVAN Telephone: 617-722-2575

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
JAMES H. FAGAN Telephone: 617-722-2430

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
JOHN F. QUINN Telephone: 617-722-2020

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
COLLEEN M. GARRY Telephone: 617-722-2380

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
GERALDINE CREEDON Telephone: 617-722-2305

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
MICHAEL J. RODRIGUES Telephone: (617) 722-2230

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
RUTH B. BALSER Telephone: 617-722-2460

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
WALTER F. TIMILTY Telephone: 617-722-2810

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
MICHAEL F. KANE Telephone: 617-722-2263

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
CHRISTOPHER J. DONELAN Telephone: 617-722-2230
Email: [email protected]

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
MICHAEL F. RUSH Telephone: 617-722-2637
Email:[email protected]

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
JOSEPH R. DRISCOLL Telephone: 617-722-2396

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
DENIS E. GUYER Telephone: 617-722-2210

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
CARL M. SCIORTINO, JR. Telephone: 617-722-2400

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
TOM SANNICANDRO Telephone: 617-722-2011

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
JAMES T. WELCH Telephone: 617-722-2396

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
CHRISTOPHER N. SPERANZO Telephone: 617-722-2396

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
ROBERT L. RICE, JR. Telephone: 617-722-2014

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
THOMAS P. CONROY Telephone: 617-722-2460

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
VIRIATO MANUEL deMACEDO Telephone: 617-722-2100

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
ROBERT S. HARGRAVES Telephone: (617) 722-2305

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
JEFFREY D. PERRY Telephone: 617-722-2396

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
KARYN E. POLITO Telephone: 617-722-2230
E-Mail:[email protected]

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
TODD M. SMOLA Telephone: 617-722-2240

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
DANIEL K. WEBSTER Telephone: 617-722-2487

Call and email or roll over and take it.

Don't just talk about it.

DO SOMETHING TO HELP.

Last edited:
I don't trust that hosebag one bit. How can she not believe in OGAM but yet at the same time, still believe in CMR 940?

My bet is she knows that OGAM is not going to have a lot of traction behind it, so it is more politically expedient and safer to oppose it.

-Mike

so far this might be the best explanation yet, i was listening to 96.9 at the time she
said this and thought my hearing was fKKKed up

Time to act again!

CALL EVERYONE ON THE HOUSE WAYS AND MEANS COMMITTEE IMMEDIATELY!

YOU KNOW THE DRILL

If you don't get someone today, leave a message AND CALL TOMORROW MORNING!

2010 MA House Ways and Means Committee:

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
CHARLES A. MURPHY Telephone: 617-722-2990

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
BARBARA A. L'ITALIEN Telephone: 617-722-2380
Email: Rep.BarbaraL'[email protected]

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
STEPHEN KULIK Telephone: 617-722-2380

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
ANGELO M. SCACCIA Telephone: 617-722-2060

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
GLORIA L. FOX Telephone: (617) 722-2810

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
ROBERT M. KOCZERA Telephone: 617-722-2582

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
CHRISTINE E. CANAVAN Telephone: 617-722-2575

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
JAMES H. FAGAN Telephone: 617-722-2430

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
JOHN F. QUINN Telephone: 617-722-2020

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
COLLEEN M. GARRY Telephone: 617-722-2380

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
GERALDINE CREEDON Telephone: 617-722-2305

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
MICHAEL J. RODRIGUES Telephone: (617) 722-2230

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
RUTH B. BALSER Telephone: 617-722-2460

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
WALTER F. TIMILTY Telephone: 617-722-2810

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
MICHAEL F. KANE Telephone: 617-722-2263

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
CHRISTOPHER J. DONELAN Telephone: 617-722-2230

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
MICHAEL F. RUSH Telephone: 617-722-2637
Email:[email protected]

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
JOSEPH R. DRISCOLL Telephone: 617-722-2396

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
DENIS E. GUYER Telephone: 617-722-2210

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
CARL M. SCIORTINO, JR. Telephone: 617-722-2400

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
TOM SANNICANDRO Telephone: 617-722-2011

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
JAMES T. WELCH Telephone: 617-722-2396

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
CHRISTOPHER N. SPERANZO Telephone: 617-722-2396

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
ROBERT L. RICE, JR. Telephone: 617-722-2014

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
THOMAS P. CONROY Telephone: 617-722-2460

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
VIRIATO MANUEL deMACEDO Telephone: 617-722-2100

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
ROBERT S. HARGRAVES Telephone: (617) 722-2305

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
JEFFREY D. PERRY Telephone: 617-722-2396

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
KARYN E. POLITO Telephone: 617-722-2230
E-Mail:[email protected]

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
TODD M. SMOLA Telephone: 617-722-2240

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
DANIEL K. WEBSTER Telephone: 617-722-2487

Call and email or roll over and take it.

Don't just talk about it.

DO SOMETHING TO HELP.

done.

The democrats threw her to the wolves after she was upset by Brown. Obama and the Washington crown in particular did everything they could to turn the Brown victory into a Coakley defeat. They criticized her, the campaign, and threw as much mud as the could at her while still trying to pretend they weren't doing it. My guess is that she hates Deval and is pretty pissed at the democrat leadership in general. So she slammed Deval's gun bill as a result. It could have been a bill about anything. She isn't pro-gun (we all know that, of course), she just hates Deval and company for how they treated her.

Edit to add: Any popular democrat Massachusetts governor could get Deval's bill passed in a heartbeat. The fact that Deval has to work at it so hard just shows how much the guy is despised even by his own party. He is a real failure, and the chance to deny him any victory at all appeals to a significant number of his fellow democrats.

Last edited:
...but "the Democratic party is in favor of slavery" is patently absurd.

They still are, just in a different form and with a different name. They want to take away our freedoms so that they can control us. If it were up to them they'd be our masters and would dole out morsels as needed to keep us in line, while at the same time taking everything that we own for the "greater good." It ain't just the Democrats either, although do they tend to be more transparent. Liberty is a recessive gene.

Last edited:
Derek, Please stop comparing marcia to clams. I like clams. Whether they be steamed, fried, bearded,...etc. However, if I start to envision her when attempting to eat them because of these posts, it's just going to be one more thing in life that I won't be able to enjoy because of her. Thank you in advance for refraining from the use of this comparison.

~Bill [wink][grin][rofl]

Martha (Marcia) was actually denouncing the governer's one-gun-a-month bill.

Can't be true...
338f3b9b.jpg

Coakley's from North Adams. It isn't surprising at all to see her piss all over the rights of those of us who want to own whatever we damn well please while defending shotguns and bolt action rifles bought by the crate because that's what she grew up with. The Fudd level is extreme here in Berkshire County, and she is very much a child of this area. There are many, many exceptions, but by and large the residents here don't give a hoot for my AK as long as they can keep their Remington 700 and the old Batavia side-by-side.

The most plausible explanation is that Marcia has been kidnapped, and replaced by an exact duplicate. To what purpose, who can say? This is insidious.

She's covering her bases. She's still stinging from booting the campaign against Scott Brown and is taking no chances even though she has no meaningful opposition to re-election. Her name has been all over the news for various activities lately, in an attempt to show that she really, really, cares about the citizens of MA. It's a win - win - win for her. She has no vote in this matter, loses nothing by opposing an unpopular Governor, and if the bill passes she can claim that she MUST enforce it because it was passed by the legislature.

"left" and "right" don't match up to "democrat" or "republican" very well, once you go earlier than the very very late 20th century. Nor do "conservative" or "liberal", or even "libertarian". All of these labels have been hijacked by groups to forward their own agenda.

Statements like "it's the left that are the biggest hate mongers" don't really make any sense.

"The Democratic Party was in favor of slavery in the 1860's" is true, but "the Democratic party is in favor of slavery" is patently absurd.
The problem is that your "1860's" timeline ignores that until the 1960's - and even after that, they remained the party of "white power"...

MLK was a Republican. I think the "deal with the devil" (christian right) that the Republicans made, allowed them to be associated with various "social" bigotry, but the amazing thing was to watch how the Democrats quickly and successfully re-directed their own much more severe involvement with institutional racism over to the Republicans.

In truth, most of "main-stream" America was "racist" to some degree or the other (the myth of a "tolerant" North is just that - they didn't think African Americans were "equal" either), but it was the Democrats who were in charge of the institutional racism. That's the important factor. They were the ones pushing Jim Crow laws, gun bans that targeted minorities, drug laws/wars that target minorities, creation of social welfare traps, zoning, schooling and other manipulation of the economies and development that targeted minorities, and so on, and so on...

There is nothing absurd about that and it didn't end in the 1860's either. It continues to this day in various forms.

BTW - look at the media - religiously Democrat in their ranks. Writers, reporters, actors, anchors, producers, etc... Look at the caricature of minorities on TV really right up until now, perhaps still... The Cosby show was a profound departure of the typical role of black people on TV...

That's the Democrats - claiming to be "tolerant", but working every day to make sure the institution keeps all those them deem "less worthy" in their place.

Last edited:
I can't afford one gun a month anyway , but why doesn't she talk about the rest of that POS bill ? How hard would it be to say : " OGAM is a trick , it's all these other parts that are even more heinous that the papers - and Jim ( enemy of the People ) don't want you to even know about "

?

They were the ones pushing Jim Crow laws, gun bans that targeted minorities, drug laws/wars that target minorities, creation of social welfare traps, zoning, schooling and other manipulation of the economies and development that targeted minorities, and so on, and so on...

There is nothing absurd about that.

The Democrats stone walled the 1964 Civil Rights Act, lead by the Grand Kleagle and Al Gore Sr. It was only when LBJ pressed them that they let it pass. Of course since then, they have claimed credit for that and every other civil rights law that's been passed as well as some that took away civil rights under the guise of equality.

When she was running for Senator I had the opportunity to question her at a Newspaper Editorial Board meeting. I asked about the AG regs and she said "You mean Glocks? My Husband asked me about that". So yes she has stated it more than once. I went on and stated it was not only Glocks. Her answer was that she met a nice gentlemen from Goal (Jim Wallace) and that she wanted to look at reviewing them but did not have the manpower. So anyway, Her husband did indeed want a Glock and she thinks Jim is a gentlemen. And we agree.

Doesn't have the manpower?? She's the F'n AG. How much manpower does it take to get rid of regs you know to be bullshit to begin with? From the day after she lost to Brown she has done nothing more than to position herself for another run at higher office. Right now she's just trying to play nice with all the groups that voted against her. If she "opposes" the governors bill she can "claim" she is supportive of gun owners. At the same time, she can play to the antis by pointing at her consumer protection regs and her crusade against mail order ammo. Pansy political posturing.

let's call her husband, have him run the team and have gun owners volunteer their spare time to get the list eliminated. when we're done all she needs to do is sign the paper.

in actuality i think we have a snowball's chance in hell of seeing the end of that list.

let's call her husband, have him run the team and have gun owners volunteer their spare time to get the list eliminated. when we're done all she needs to do is sign the paper.

in actuality i think we have a snowball's chance in hell of seeing the end of that list.
Eh, look around the country... Now that the Federal Courts are involved in this, it has gotten a lot more promising.

MA courts are useless for protecting us from over-reaching legislation. At least at the moment, Federal Courts are better.

A "liberal" Federal judge in most parts of the country WRT to the law is pretty conservative compared to many of our MA judges.

Boy, I'm making friends in high places now... [laugh]

I can't afford one gun a month anyway , but why doesn't she talk about the rest of that POS bill ? How hard would it be to say : " OGAM is a trick , it's all these other parts that are even more heinous that the papers - and Jim ( enemy of the People ) don't want you to even know about "

?

I am pretty sure she actually did say nothing in the bill will help with the inner city violence problem.

Is there any way that sending a bunch of emails to the AG office could get an issue looked at more?

Mike

Political posturing at it's best. The bill has no chance of passing it seems... she's got nothing to loose by taking a logical stance on the issue that even many libby douche's will agree with, if only because she said it, and appearing "pro liberty/pro gun" in the process.

I'll tell you what... if you guys are sure her office reads this site...

Post a new thread... title it "OPEN LETTER TO MARTHA COAKLEY". Make a list of demands. If any progress is made on those demands, I'll donate to her next campaign personally. You guys pledge to do the same. All the other special interest buy favors from politicians, so why not our interests?

I used her stance in my letter to all the reps in the ways and means committee. If she says it, to those of them on the fence, it may make a difference.

Mike

Derek, Please stop comparing marcia to clams. I like clams. Whether they be steamed, fried, bearded,...etc. However, if I start to envision her when attempting to eat them because of these posts, it's just going to be one more thing in life that I won't be able to enjoy because of her. Thank you in advance for refraining from the use of this comparison.

~Bill [wink][grin][rofl]
Not sure this will help your mental imagery Bill, but "clambag" has as much to do with clams as "teabag" does with tea. [rofl]

I did the same. Hey if the freakin ATTORNEY GENERAL says it is a dumb law, who am I to argue, and who are YOU Mr Rep to vote for it?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom