• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Cold Steel Inferno Pepper Spray?

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Anyone in LE know of any place that has tested this stuff? If so, how does it compare to Sabre and other nasty sprays?

Cold Steel Inferno Pepper Spray was shown at SHOT 2009. I can find no reviews online about it, only the marketing stuff that Cold Steel released, rehashed.

What interests me is that it contains 2% black pepper (in addition to 8% OC) and causes uncontrolled sneezing. I like spices and when I shake pepper on my food, it sometimes atomizes enough pepper to make me sneeze uncontrollably. I can imagine that even a perp on drugs, who feels no pain, if he's sneezing uncontrollably, it'll allow someone to grab him and cuff him (LEO) or get away safely (for everyday civilians).

They claim it's a foam that turns to a liquid when it hits the target, so it can't be thrown back at the person who used it. And they claim it's not flammable so for LEOs that use Tasers, you won't "light the perp up".

Now, I realize that Cold Steel is a "master of marketing", so I look at the ad with "skeptical interest" until I can see some reviews of the product by people who don't have a dog in the fight.

Here's the marketing hype:

http://www.coldsteel.com/pepper-spray.html

And for those in MA, no they won't ship to MA folks. They might ship to LEOs in MA, so it could be worth asking.

So, has anyone seen it? Know of any reviews?

Back
Top Bottom