Colt .45 revolver owned by Patton fetches $75G at auction

I'm not much for case queens, but if I had the money, that's one gun I would buy and just look at. Patton was the last real general we had (ok, McArthur (sp) was good too).

MacArthur was a politician more than a general Patton was a battlefield general who killed the enemy.
Yeah, and don't forget that mister Lovely had troops open fire on american veterans. Awesome role model to have. Most of you guys got suckered in by the WW 2 propaganda machine.
And "real" generals are out there aplenty. Chesty Puller, Stormin' Norman Schwartzkopf, and there are more. Get outa here with Patton. Seriously. He'd be one of Obama's chosen ones, nowadays.

Like him or hate him he's probably the most famous battlefield general of last century. But don't those sell for like 50k without anyone famous attached to them. I saw a nib peacemaker sell for 110k lucky sob cleaned out his grandfather's house and found a frigging box labeled colt pried the lid and there was a peacemaker with f***ING factory oil on it. Figured pattons gun is a one of a kind thing would sell for like 100-150

Back
Top Bottom