• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Comm2A is looking for Boston 1st time applicants

Comm2A

Director Comm2a
Dealer
NES Member
As some of you know, Comm2A, GOAL and SAF are suing Boston for the absurd delays in their LTC processing. We are in need of plaintiffs who are looking to get their licenses there and who are being delayed in both submitting and having their application processed. Please contact [email protected] for more details.

Question: Is it true that Boston has an "unwritten" policy of denying all unrestricted LTC applications for anyone that is not either wealthy, a doctor, a lawyer, politically connected, or a certified firearms instructor?
That's what I have heard. No experience dealing with them however. It is safe to assume the unwritten rule comes from the mayors office or the city council

That's what I have heard. No experience dealing with them however. It is safe to assume the unwritten rule comes from the mayors office or the city council
An unwritten because a written policy would be proof that they are violating state law. The restriction are the very definition of "arbitrary and capricious" and not hard to argue "racist" due to disparate impact on minorities.

View: https://twitter.com/2Aupdates/status/1388304372342431747

View: https://twitter.com/2Aupdates/status/1388302864125239302

This lawsuit concerns the Boston Police Department’s substantial and untenable delays in processing and issuing firearms licenses. Anyone seeking a firearms license must wait for many months on a “wait list” just to begin the licensing process by submitting an application, and the Department then takes many more months to actually process the application and issue a license. These customs and practices, which often prevent people from obtaining licenses for more than a year, unjustifiably burden the right of the people to keep and bear arms.

It wasn’t quick to begin with. The entire process took 8 months back in 2018. I called in January to get an appointment in May, then shoot Moon Island, and wait until mid-August to finally receive my restricted LTC.
8 f*ing months. That was for the whole process, looks like appointments are longer than that now.

Nice.

If licensing doesn't create a substantial hardship to your 2a right, but then you can't get your license because the process has become too hard at the administrative level, then perhaps it is in fact a substantial hardship.

Just wait till the Democrats bill passes that allows the FBI to delay all purchase checks indefinitely with no escape timer.

Effectively, it will halt all US gun sales. Just like that.

How can they get away with requiring a govt permission slip for simple ownership of a firearm? Was this not already clearly decided in Heller and McDonald?

I know rhetorical question. Nobody questions Roe v Wade in this manner!

SAF says that the city settled the suit.

SAF says that the city settled the suit.

Correct. They cleared the backlog (where there is a will, there is a way...) and we were left with nothing to litigate. If the backlog happens again, let us know right away.

Also, I want to point out that GOAL was instrumental in this suit. Not sure why that wasn't stated in SAF's release, but we didn't see it in advance so couldn't correct it.

Question: Is it true that Boston has an "unwritten" policy of denying all unrestricted LTC applications for anyone that is not either wealthy, a doctor, a lawyer, politically connected, or a certified firearms instructor?
When I applied, if you were a business owner you could get one. It wasn’t unwritten: they handed me a list of qualifying occupations/circumstances. Don’t recall Instructor (it was 2000) but victims of violent crime were also listed.

When I applied, if you were a business owner you could get one. It wasn’t unwritten: they handed me a list of qualifying occupations/circumstances. Don’t recall Instructor (it was 2000) but victims of violent crime were also list
Doesn't that policy violate state law? Or as is typical in commie states, certain cities, like Boston, get to make up their own rules so they can protect criminals, including the corrupt public officials?
Do they publish the cash tip list required for those not on the list to get approved

Doesn't that policy violate state law? Or as is typical in commie states, certain cities, like Boston, get to make up their own rules so they can protect criminals, including the corrupt public officials?
Do they publish the cash tip list required for those not on the list to get approved
Great, Comm2A is trying to move the ball forward and we get stupid ass comments like this.

A fella I met has been on the Boston Fire Department for quite a few years. He's a veteran who was deployed. And he was not able to get an unrestricted LTC.

Just WTF...

Great, Comm2A is trying to move the ball forward and we get stupid ass comments like this.
Not stupid. Every "may issue" state has a corrupt permitting process. Boston is no different. It is extremely rare that anyone in those states gets prosecuted for corruption, not because it doesn't exist. It is because it is so wide spread.

Can we keep one thread clean without stupid a** comments?

This is a Comm2A thread, trying to help everyone in this State.

STFU with your opinions, no one cares about them.

Can we keep one thread clean without stupid a** comments?

This is a Comm2A thread, trying to help everyone in this State.

STFU with your opinions, no one cares about them.
Maybe Comm 2A can do a PV style undercover investigation. It is not illegal to record public servants doing their public job. Just not over the phone.
MA has a Public Corruption Protection law that requires all party consent. This does not apply with public officials doing their public duty. This was litigated in a case where a MA person tried to report abuse by a police officer. When he showed the video, he was arrested for recording the police officer. He won on appeal.

Back
Top Bottom