complete lower

A complete Aero lower from Primary Arms will cost me $329 shipped. Plus $40-$50 transfer. $370-$380.
Lowest transfer fee on regular stuff I’ve seen is $25 so if I say $25 for transfer it’s $354.
Again I’m not going to sweat a local shop getting an extra $45. Especially if it means no need for them to share FFL info, wait for it to be shipped etc

To prove your non-skinflint status, you have to stop using the most expensive places you can think of as examples.. For example, why wouldnt you get the complete lower from say Midway($220 or so) and use an FFL that isnt raping you on transfer fees?

A complete lower from Primary is $220-$250 depending on furniture, where you getting your prices, the hidden non-skinflint price list :)

Last edited:
To prove your non-skinflint status, you have to stop using the most expensive places you can think of as examples.. For example, why wouldnt you get the complete lower from say Midway($220 or so) and use an FFL that isnt raping you on transfer fees?

You are "not sweating" a local shop making closer to $200, not $45. But, keep paying it and they will keep charging it.

Your last sentence doesnt make any sense, FFL sharing each others info and not waiting for it to be shipped?
If the dealer is not on their list they have to exchange FFL‘s in order to be shipped. Then once that is done I wait for it to be shipped. Versus just driving to the shop and buying it same day

Where is that guy that was bragging how much $ people would save AND how much $ he was making selling lowers???? I'm not sure he ever realized that NES is still NES whether he is bragging about overcharging or telling people what a great deal they got.

Dean Safety is good people. And that's a funny-as-hell Classified post. (They had a fire a month or two ago.)

A complete lower from Primary is $220-$250 depending on furniture, where you getting your prices, the hidden non-skinflint price list :)
I was just using this one as an example.

Shipping is $36. Plus tax

Lotsatiques has one in the classifieds. Really nice guy great to deal with. He’s on the cape though. I’ve bought 3 lowers from him.

I remember being at Runnings in Hinsdale a couple years back they had complete Anderson lowersfor $129. I remember being pained that I couldn’t buy 10 of them right there lol.

Free State prices???? A few months ago 2a Tactical in Barrington had Anderson lowers for $39....... Buy 3 Get one for free! $117 for 4 lowers! THAT, my friends, is Free State Pricing!
I was going to say.....my daughter bought hers at Palmetto for like 40 bucks....she's in SC.

OP, here's a great idea. Just pick up and move to NH. Move away from your job, family, friends, etc just to save peanuts on a lower.

Or just ignore these guys and hit up the mill in Littleton.

Let's do some math....

I like the Aero X15 Gen2 lowers. Primary arms, $93+shipping+tax+transfer fee puts you right around the $150 offering found in the Mill. Less hassle, to boot.

Last edited:
$40-$50 transfer fee and not blinking? Guess Im a skinflint :)

How much does an stripped M4 Aero lower go for in a shop in NH or any other state? Be realustic, a stripped lower from JoeBobs is $106 and free shipping. $20 transfer fee and you are looking at $130.. If thinking $70 over is skinflinting, Im a skinflinting biitch :)

Why no comment on the complete lower "free state pricing") is not wanting to pay double also fit your definition of a skinflint?

Depends on where and how. You inbounding via a tabletop dealer you can get it cheap. People that have real bills to pay are going to charge appropriately.

Depends on where and how. You inbounding via a tabletop dealer you can get it cheap. People that have real bills to pay are going to charge appropriately.

So you are saying the retail price in a "free state" on an Aero M4 complete lower is $400 when the MSRP is $249?

Lets also not forget that the $249 price already includes a retail dealer markup, so dealer cost is $179 maybe?

I'll leave it there and not expose the elephant in the room to spare hurt feelings :)

Last edited:
Lotsatiques has one in the classifieds. Really nice guy great to deal with. He’s on the cape though. I’ve bought 3 lowers from him.
Just in his shop this weekend. Great guy. picked up a "poverty pony" lower from him I'm pairing with a BCA upper for a "budget build" project.

After reading this I looked it up..

Depending what model you buy, a complete M4E1 lower could be about $250 (for say the black models minus a stock) up to about $400 (for say a cerakote model with a pistol tube/brace) - that is list price

But honestly I've never gotten great deals on these lowers, there isn't a ton of markup - generally if you can buy at 10% under list I think that's all to expect, and you may just end up paying list price. It's just not a place you can find steals, FFL's always being involved even in a free state etc etc

After reading this I looked it up..

Depending what model you buy, a complete M4E1 lower could be about $250 (for say the black models minus a stock) up to about $400 (for say a cerakote model with a pistol tube/brace) - that is list price

But honestly I've never gotten great deals on these lowers, there isn't a ton of markup - generally if you can buy at 10% under list I think that's all to expect, and you may just end up paying list price. It's just not a place you can find steals, FFL's always being involved even in a free state etc etc
Keep in mind that if @Greg places any value upon all the time he has invested into this debate, his next lower will cost $249 in parts and $999 in man-hours. He makes the big bucks, so...

[laugh]

Keep in mind that if @Greg places any value upon all the time he has invested into this debate, his next lower will cost $249 in parts and $999 in man-hours. He makes the big bucks, so...

[laugh]

Dude, there is no debate, only people suffering with Munchausen's syndrome here and justifying their captors high prices with fantastic stories of fantasy and denial :)

I dont even like AR's anymore now.

Behind Enemy Lines in NH had this ad on Facebook yesterday. $150 for a stripped Aero M4E1 lower. So I guess the shops in MA are screwing people for $50 when they charge $200 😂 D8AFDF30-F4E3-47F9-B082-F19534421AA4.jpeg

So you are saying the retail price in a "free state" on an Aero M4 complete lower is $400 when the MSRP is $249?

Lets also not forget that the $249 price already includes a retail dealer markup, so dealer cost is $179 maybe?

I'll leave it there and not expose the elephant in the room to spare hurt feelings :)

Lol never said that, only made the claim that people going to price stuff at the level where they can justify selling it at. It's up to the market to determine whether that is fair or not and it usually does a good job of leveling itself out.

Someone selling a $249 lower for $400 is no different than me whaling someone the other day for $200 to install two batteries that barely cost me $5 apiece. Positioning. Arbitrage. Convenience, etc. All that stuff plays into the price something is set at. Whether that's a viable business model is between the dealer their bank acct and god or something.

There is no elephant btw. Anyone with google, a telephone and social skills can figure out how to get a cheap lower in mass at this point. Hell there are posts in this thread where some guy posted a poverty pony offer that was like a hundred bucks or so. Which btw is about the NH retail price for those......

Last edited:
Lol never said that, only made the claim that people going to price stuff at the level where they can justify selling it at. It's up to the market to determine whether that is fair or not and
it usually does a good job of leveling itself out.

Someone selling a $249 lower for $400 is no different than me whaling someone the other day for $200 to install two batteries that barely cost me $5 apiece. Positioning. Arbitrage. Convenience, etc. All that stuff plays into the price something is set at. Whether that's a viable business model is between the dealer their bank acct and god or something.

There is no elephant btw. Anyone with google, a telephone and social skills can figure out how to get a cheap lower in mass at this point. Hell there are posts in this thread where some guy posted a poverty pony offer that was like a hundred bucks or so. Which btw is about the NH retail price for those......

And thats my point, people justifying the high prices and pretending its normal even though I can link numerous examples of actual "free state prices"..My friend in NH said his final cost on that $220 complete Aero M4 lower with free shipping would be $245 from his FFL.

Arent Anderson clamshell packaging lowers like $40? lol Edit: Anderson stripped lower from Primary is $48 -12% sale they always have.. Sure if I dig harder I could find free shipping :)

Behind Enemy Lines in NH had this ad on Facebook yesterday. $150 for a stripped Aero M4E1 lower. So I guess the shops in MA are screwing people for $50 when they charge $200 😂 View attachment 648957

Bottom line, they are charging what people will pay, never argued that point.

Lets say I went to the Mill and wanted a complete M4 Aero lower and they had no stock. JoeBobOutfitters will sell me one for $220 shipped to the Mill...What is your limit on what you will pay at the receiving FFL? $180 over is cool with you, or is that me skinflinting? :) Gotta remember, it is salad days once again for lowers, except in MA for some reason.

[laugh]
This'll be @Greg next purchase
1660222881842.png

Heck, if one of the guys at the Mill could get their hands on one, it might be mine ;)

This'll be @Greg next purchase
View attachment 648961

Heck, if one of the guys at the Mill could get their hands on one, it might be mine ;)

Is the bottom one titanium?!

No idea what those are btw lol

Found it, damn I want one now lol Holy crap, they make everything there, a titanium shotgun even.

This could get expensive.. $200 for a ti lower, means free state price in MA would be what, $600?

I dont think they are around anymore, did these parts ever make it into production? Kinda remember reading about this company in Cambridge, then nothing.

Last edited:
Bottom line, they are charging what people will pay, never argued that point.

Lets say I went to the Mill and wanted a complete M4 Aero lower and they had no stock. JoeBobOutfitters will sell me one for $220 shipped to the Mill...What is your limit on what you will pay at the receiving FFL? $180 over is cool with you, or is that me skinflinting? :) Gotta remember, it is salad days once again for lowers, except in MA for some reason.
Plus their transfer fee. So about $130 over.
No that would probably persuade me to buy one online at that price difference.
Especially if I wasn’t in a rush

Plus their transfer fee. So about $130 over.
No that would probably persuade me to buy one online at that price difference.
Especially if I wasn’t in a rush
I have emergency stripped lowers laying around so I am never in a rush :) As you can probably tell by this thread, I have never made an impulse firearm purchase, they are all carefully planned and researched lol

Is the bottom one titanium?!

No idea what those are btw lol

Found it, damn I want one now lol Holy crap, they make everything there, a titanium shotgun even.

This could get expensive.. $200 for a ti lower, means free state price in MA would be what, $600?
The top one is, too. It's just coated. But if you're going to have a Ti rifle, why would you cover it up? Years ago, back when @Mr. Wolf owned @Precision Point Firearms, he started looking into prices for a group buy that never materialized. I would love to see someone (maybe @Whiskeywon?) run with that again...

The top one is, too. It's just coated. But if you're going to have a Ti rifle, why would you cover it up? Years ago, back when @Mr. Wolf owned @Precision Point Firearms, he started looking into prices for a group buy that never materialized. I would love to see someone (maybe @Whiskeywon?) run with that again...

I cant find any news newer than 2017.. For some reason I dont think it ever got past the planning stage.

Behind Enemy Lines in NH had this ad on Facebook yesterday. $150 for a stripped Aero M4E1 lower. So I guess the shops in MA are screwing people for $50 when they charge $200 😂 View attachment 648957
I haven’t bought a lower in NH lately. Last were spikes and Anderson, for $100 And $50, respectively. Out the door. No transfer fees or tax obviously.

Back
Top Bottom