• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Concord, NH Gunshow April 18 & 19

Blackmore

NES Member
Patti's spring show. Always one of my favorites since most people have tax return money to spend.

Everett Arena
I-93N Exit 14 Bridge St./Loudon Rd.
Turn right, cross the bridge, left at first or second light
Concord, NH

285 Tables

April 18 & 19, 2015

Saturday 9 to 5
Sunday 9 to 2

ADMISSION $8.00
FREE PARKING

If you are referring to mosin nagant rifles and SKS rifles you will probably find plenty. Serious collectibles (ie not shooters) I highly doubt it. Serious collectibles are non- import marked stuff with price tags above 3 digits.

Thanks for the reminder. If the weather doesn't look good enough to spend the afternoon at the range, a trip out to Concord is a good backup plan.

I'll likely be there since I'm heading to NH for the weekend. I'll be the guy in the camo hat and dayglo orange sneakers. Regretfully I already did my laundry and took a shower...LOL

If you are referring to mosin nagant rifles and SKS rifles you will probably find plenty. Serious collectibles (ie not shooters) I highly doubt it. Serious collectibles are non- import marked stuff with price tags above 3 digits.

I'm looking for the stuff in between. Already have my fill of mosins and SKS as well as some serious stuff. If its going to be 90% AR tacticool stuff and 223 ammo, I'm not interested in going.

This was not a gun show. It was more like a knife show. There were several knife venders in every aisle

Seemed to be more than usual too this time around. I was disappointed by the show...

I have a friend in Phoenix that wants me to come out to one of their shows...he said it is staggering the amount of stuff they have. I may have to take him up on that in the next couple of years...

Seemed to be more than usual too this time around. I was disappointed by the show...

I have a friend in Phoenix that wants me to come out to one of their shows...he said it is staggering the amount of stuff they have. I may have to take him up on that in the next couple of years...

I have been to many shows in the Phoenix area, the last one I went to was in the new Glendale Stadium. Lots of stuff that you do not see in the New England area. You will not be disappointed.

I used the show as a point to head with my motorcycle. I got there late on Sunday (around 1230, the show closes at 2pm)
none of the dealers were packing up but I could tell they had a good weekend. a lot of shelves /tables that are usually full on Saturday morning were quite empty. I will never go to this show so late again. I felt like I missed on seeing some of the rifles and pistols.

they were selling a colt python (blue) for $2700 and a guy was there thinking about it. Walking dead anyone?

is there good C&R stuff at this show?

Sadly, I think the days of the CR as a cheap mil surplus firearm has almost run its course. of course the collectable CRs are there - $2500 lugers, $875 P-38s. I did see a S&W victory pistol for around $465. I need to do my homework to know if that is a good deal or not.

there were 3-4 Chinese SKS and the infamous Chinese Albanians as well. pricing on these were OK to Meh

I don't recall the last time I saw a true Russian SKS at the show. it has been quite a while. same with Romanians and Yugos. never saw an alby there.

the most amazing thing I saw was 3 -4 refurbed mosins (91/30s) go out the door for $275 each! young kids (18-21) picking up a "cheap" rifle I suppose. I guess with the distributors now selling them for $179-$200 if you can find one with them, $275 starts to look in the asking range for the dealer to sell.
It wasn't that long ago when I bought them for $79 each (and sold them for $89).

It was a good destination to ride my motorcycle to but I didn't buy anything (except a hot dog [laugh] ) as I didn't see anything I could not live without......

Last edited:
Arrived at the show this morning around 10AM. No line, and we walked right in. Not a huge crowd at the time, which was nice, as we weren't pressed up against a roasted armpitter looking at stuff. A few notes:

1. Two vile smell incidents to report; one was a guy who smelled of old socks, sweat, and piss. We moved past him quickly. The second incident revolved around an old boy who was obviously having some gastric difficulties and was peeling farts out in a not so quiet manner. We held our breath and moved on, taking care to avoid him for the rest of the day.

2. The lack of Gun and Firearm Industry related vendors was, in a word, shocking. Knife, T-Shirt, Cheap-Ass Camping Gear, and even f*cking Bar-B-Q Sauce vendors were there filling out the tables that would have been empty, I am guessing. I heard one person refer to the event as a "knife show with some gun vendors there."

3. I think that this show especially, and a few before it reflect the beginning of what is hopefully not a new trend in the shows. Alot of the quick buck fly by night vendors have now gone belly up, and there is a lack of people to fill their shoes. I hope that this gets addressed.

Despite all of this, I actually had some pretty good luck buying brass. The ammo was still full retard for the most part, and I didn't see any gun bargains. I am hoping that by the time the Fall Shows roll around prices may see some more correction.
We hit Riley's after, didn't buy anything there. Spent the day with my son, how could I go wrong?

Last edited:

I have a friend in Phoenix that wants me to come out to one of their shows...he said it is staggering the amount of stuff they have.

He's not kidding, staggering is a good description of a Phoenix show.
I went to one about 10 years ago, when I was in town for the Nascar races.
It was easily five times bigger than any show ever held in New England, including the full-house Big E shows of the 80's.
We couldn't even see it all in one day, when they announced the show was closing, there was still one huge building full of stuff we had never even stepped foot in.

Back
Top Bottom