Concord, NH, September 2-3, 2006, DiPrete Gun Show

I will probably go to this show, anyone have an feedback on if the Concord show is usually worth the time?

Definitely worth the time!

Good show with lots of everything including Full Auto, ammo, books, guns, some reloading supplies, etc.

I'm hoping to head up there on Saturday with my Wife.

How much do you think you'll get for her? [wink]

Gary

[laugh2] Funny guy!

My Wife will probably meander over to the shopping mall nearby and do twice the damage that I'll do at the show. That's been the MO in the past.

When the show's over if any NES'rs are about (plus my good friend Sam Cohen, formerly of GOAL, MAF and GO-NH) we'll probably head out for dinner before hitting the road.

Vendors

Does anyone have a list of the vendors who may be attending the show in concord NH on September 2-3.

Thanks,

Dave

Dave, welcome to the forum.

No, there never is a list of vendors at the gun shows. The only one who knows is the promoter.

If you are looking for a particular vendor, call either the vendor or Pat DiPrete and ask her. www.dipromo.com should give you her contact info.

Opens in 8 hours! [wink]

Hope to see some folks there. I'll be probably wearing a denim button-down shirt, cargo pants, and a camo hat with eagle superimposed over the US Flag.

I was looking for you Len but didn't see ya.

The show wasn't bad, didn't buy much though as I know that any firearm purchases would result in a delayed result on my NICS check.

Not a bad show...Didn't buy much, just an AR-15 armorers wrench and some enhanced mags followers for the 30rd mags. They fit and function a lot better than the green followers. Didn't see Len either or anyone wearing NES colors. I thought the Browning HP display was pretty awesome, some nice looking and rare pistols.[grin]

I went in looking for a few AR-15 accessories. Picked up a brass catcher for my AR, plus one for my AK. When I got home, the AK catcher did not fit (ARGH). It was only $10.00, so now I need to figure out what gun it was made for, so I can sell it.

I wanted to pick up a bunch of AR-15 stripper clips. I saw a box of them about the size of a cigarette pack and asked how. Much. The resonse was "$1.00". "Each?" "Yes, $1.00 per stripper clip". Apparently they were made of gold.

I got a kick out of a table that was selling used pocket knives and Leatherman tools. My guess is that these were confiscated by the TSA. The guy running the table told me he picked up the whole lot of them at auction. My wife had lost her swiss army knife, so I picked up another one for her.

Not a single Makarov in the show, and only one CZ-82. :(

As expected, there was a decided shortage of 7.62X39 ammo. The ammo guy told me he sold out of his surplus stuff before the show opened (to other dealers?) and was selling wolf for $20.00 per 100.00, with no case discount. By the time I left at noon, he was down to less than 20 boxes. Another dealer told me he sold out of wolf at $180.00/case.

I left a little poorer than when I started, but all in all, a nice show.

Mark

Last edited:
Well, sorry I didn't run into any of you guys! When I got there I realized that I had forgotten my hat, so I was the bald-headed guy dressed as described above.

To all the GOAL activists and former MAF'rs . . . regards from Sam Cohen. My Wife and I met Sam and his fiancée for lunch, so we didn't get into the show until almost 1:30PM and we left at 5PM and headed out to dinner.

Yes, the Browning exhibit and the Mauser exhibit were excellent and interesting.

I had a good day there, even though I spent not one red cent for anything today.

We just got back after the necessary stop at Sam's Club on the way home. [wink] Gas at $2.639 was a nice treat there too! [smile]

For anyone looking for reloaders, components, bullets (including plated bullets at M&M), this show is a good take.

Saw some interesting guns . . . some Glock 23s that appear to be pre-1998 for very decent prices (>$200 cheaper than in MA, and a MA dealer was across the aisle so you could possibly complete the deal by having the MA dealer take possession of the gun and you go to his shop in MA to complete the 4473/NICS and FA-10). Some G17s and G22s were being sold for prices higher than we can buy them from Carl at Four Seasons! Walther P22s were considerably higher than Four Seasons prices too!

Lots of holsters there. Lance Walton told me that he's planning on closing down his business very shortly, so get them while the getting is good.

I met the NH Coordinator of SAS and suggested that she start up a SAS-NH forum here on NES, or at least post events so that others might become aware of what they are doing.

I had a pretty decent time walking around for 3 hours seeing different things. I was looking for a Argentinian Sistema, but only saw one that was factory refurbished. The guy wanted $700 for it. WAY to pricey and he wouldn't budge on the price. I did see the CZ-82 that Mcornell mentioned. Saw a few good deals on semi auto shotguns. A lady was selling a used 11-87 in black furniture and in great shape for $400. I almost went back for it. One guy was selling a 1911A1 that had been refurbished for $675. Could of picked it up with my C&R and must of passed it back and forth for close to a half hour thinking whether I should splurge. Passed on it. Oh well, maybe next time.

I wanted to pick up a bunch of AR-15 stripper clips. I saw a box of them about the size of a cigarette pack and asked how. Much. The resonse was "$1.00". "Each?" "Yes, $1.00 per stripper clip". Apparently they were made of gold.

Hey Mark,

PM me with an address and I will send about 20 your way. I have a bunch of spares.

If you don't already have one you will need a stripper clip guide.

(which reminds me, what is it with the Radway Green surplus: comes with bandoleers and stripper clips but no guides..... crazy brits!).

I went,ended up buying an older Remington 870 wingmaster in mint shape for $150. Nice bluing,smoothbore with rifle sights. I pwas planning on sendingt it to Wilsons to be updated. I thought the show was pretty good.

I went only to pick up some primers from Sorensen's that he was bringing for me. Prices on repoaling supplies has really gone up..

A was able to pick up a double rifle case that I have been looking for so I guess it was a success.

The only deal I saw was a Colt Diamondback 22 for under five hundred. Looked like it was painted with flat black paint but most go for almost a thousand. It isn't that far of a ride for me so it's fun to just look around.

Back
Top Bottom