Concrete tent => Concrete shelter in 24 hours

Pretty cool stuff. I think geared towards deployment in war zones. Very neat idea. And you can jist burn he zombies congregating on the roof!

Thanks for the link.
I didn't see the $26,000, but I did see:
"But the catch is that at the moment they cost at least £10,000 ($16,000) each."

The good news is:

"Brewin concedes this is expensive for a non-governmental organisation on the front-line of a crisis. But he describes the situation as "chicken and egg".

"If we were manufacturing volumes… we'd be able to cut a substantial amount of that cost out," he says. "But to get those orders in, we'd need to already be much cheaper."

Sounds like they have the ability to get the price down considerably. My guess is that there is a big market in the private sector.
Would be much better than a portable garage. All depends on volume. Some deep pocket investors would probably get them cranking...

I'd rather spend the money on a RV. Being mobile beats hunkering down in most situations that are bad enough that you lose your primary shelter.

In addition, you might not have all the equipments handy to erect one up.

I'd rather spend the money on a RV. Being mobile beats hunkering down in most situations that are bad enough that you lose your primary shelter.

In addition, you might not have all the equipments handy to erect one up.

Given that it takes 24 hours to set up the concrete and probably another 24 to inflate it first, I'm thinking it's more a cheap way to get your bunker built ahead of time.

Given that it takes 24 hours to set up the concrete and probably another 24 to inflate it first, I'm thinking it's more a cheap way to get your bunker built ahead of time.

Pretty sure the the video said 2 hours to inflate it. So throw in a few more for unpacking, spiking and hydrating and you're looking at probably 30 hours for a shelter.

The plus over an RV is that your RV has thin walls and roof and is light. It will blow over in high winds. This shelter would stay put in weather such as a hurricane I would imagine. Especially if coveted in earth.

26K?? For about 7K I could bury a 48ft container and get 90% the same results. I'll bet the 26k number is before shipping.

Back
Top Bottom