Congrats to a couple MRA wheelgunners!

Congrats to Paul and Dave (PMD and 10mmdave) for the great showing down in FL at the US Steel Nationals! Dave was second in Revolver optics and irons, and Paul was third in optics.

steelrevolverguys.jpg

Steve, where did you find the pic? Have you found results anywhere? Is that JM on the top step? (meaning that our boys beat every human in the country except the alien? he sure stands like the alien.)

UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Steve, where did you find the pic? Have you found results anywhere? Is that JM on the top step? (meaning that our boys beat every human in the country except the alien? he sure stands like the alien.)

UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Jerry Miculek - that guy is incredible.
Glad to see we got a few that can keep up with him.

Excellent shooting by local guys that are hindered by lousy practice conditions. However, being 2nd and 3rd to Jerry Miculek with a revolver doesn't mean you can keep up.

Iron Revolver
1. Jerry Miculek - 98.36
2. David Parker - 128.86
3. Cliff Walsh - 129.23

Optic Revolver
1. Jerry Miculek - 88.03
2. David Parker - 113.53
3. Paul Dandini - 119.3

By the way, no way could I come close to Dave or Paul!!!!!

Congrats to Paul and Dave (PMD and 10mmdave) for the great showing down in FL at the US Steel Nationals! Dave was second in Revolver optics and irons, and Paul was third in optics.

steelrevolverguys.jpg

Guys- awesome job. Congrats! I was thinking about you two while we were shooting the rifles at MRA on Sunday. Hopefully I will see you guys at bowlin pins next sunday and get all of the details.

-Matt...

Mr. Miculek is in a league of his own isn't he?

Jerry is an amazing revo shooter, but he is also a very nice guy and spent a
lot of time over the weekend chatting with us.

His "laid back" stance for his draw is something new to me and I forgot to ask
him about it. Myself I think my lower back would be killing me after 2 or 3 stages. [shocked]

To come in 4th with all that was going on that weekend just shows how good
he really is.

RGS, see you in April.

him about it. Myself I think my lower back would be killing me after 2 or 3 stages. [shocked]

He discussed that stance on the Shooting Gallery episode covering last summer's Steel Challenge. He said it was new to him also. He seemed to indicate that he thought that it was faster at stages where you shoot everything from where you stand.

QUOTE]

Dave,
That kind of stretch was given to my by a physical therapist for lower back problems! It obviously works for Jerry. You're right, he is a real nice guy. Got to meet him at the Masters years ago.
Fantastic shooting, now you have to shave some time off the gap with Jerry.
Keep it up!!

Thanks for the congrats.

Dispite the low number of shooters - it was still a great match and a lot of fun - well, except for the jambs .... damn 22lr coversion kits....

The match organizers (Derek J., Mike C. and Todd J.) worked their butts off putting this match together and setting it up - kudos to them.

The match Staff and RO's were all professional and helpful.

The prize table was also healthy for a first year match $40K +/-
Smith & Wesson and Tactical Solutions were quite generous.

For an Inagural match - it was well done - I plan on going back next year.

For those interested here's a few picture's of what the stages (and wild life) looked like.

img3444td9.jpg

img3445ot7.jpg

img3449sl9.jpg

img3455qr0.jpg

img3443fb5.jpg

img3525df8.jpg

Paul,
Did the Beware of Rattlesnakes sign go up, AFTER Kay Clark-Miculek got bit??
You mentioned small match. How many competitors?

Dave,
That kind of stretch was given to my by a physical therapist for lower back problems! It obviously works for Jerry. You're right, he is a real nice guy. Got to meet him at the Masters years ago.
Fantastic shooting, now you have to shave some time off the gap with Jerry.
Keep it up!!

I think if I drink less beer, get a decent bed in my room and practice everyday
until next years shoot I might get closer to Jerry's time [smile]

A 30 second gap is hard to close (and also very humbling [rolleyes])

Not sure when the rattlesnake sign went up, would have been nice to know
they were there the day we walked around the club and I spooked the baby gator [grin]

By the way, the photo of the guys on the podium is by Smith and Wesson's Julie Goloski. I hope we get to see Julie shooting USPSA and IDPA in our area this season after she heals up from an injury. I hear Smith and Wesson stepped up big in support of this match.

I think if I drink less beer, get a decent bed in my room and practice everyday
until next years shoot I might get closer to Jerry's time [smile]
[grin]

Like that's gonna happen [rofl]

I watched the video of Jerry shooting that is on Julie's site. The laid back approach was much faster for him on target. It also looks a little bit easier on the hips and knees.

You guys should be proud of what you accomplished. I look for better from you both and John too.Maybe you can get Cours as a sponsor

The prize table was also healthy for a first year match $40K +/-
Smith & Wesson and Tactical Solutions were quite generous.

[DISGRUNTLED RIFLE SHOOTER] I'm in the wrong frigging discipline. I should sell all my crap and buy some pistols.
[/DISGRUNTLED RIFLE SHOOTER]

Great job guys! [grin]

B

[DISGRUNTLED RIFLE SHOOTER] I'm in the wrong frigging discipline. I should sell all my crap and buy some pistols.
[/DISGRUNTLED RIFLE SHOOTER]

Great job guys! [grin]

B

Don't sell your stuff! You'll need some of it for 3 gun matches! Granted the AR's are a bit "gamier" Just get a shotgun, and join in the fun!

Dave is a natural borne wheel gunner and PMD used to shoot high power, that's why they are so good.
Is great to see, guys that work hard get the results.

Back
Top Bottom