Congressman Asks Big Sis to Explain Huge Ammo Purchases

a buddy's son is on Border Patrol, they give him as much ammo as he wants. He had 1k rounds of 40SW in his truck when I met him. They tell him to 'shoot it off, practice anytime you can'
I asked for a spare case [smile]

I dont remember in the service firing anywhere near 3500 rounds per year.

I qualify 4 times as much in DHS than I did when I was in the Marines, and I shoot a ton more rounds in non-qualification training in DHS than when I was in the Marines.

Most PD'S only shoot when they have to qualify. Very few shoot on their own time. I know of only few smart officers
who shoot on their time.

I qualify 4 times as much in DHS than I did when I was in the Marines, and I shoot a ton more rounds in non-qualification training in DHS than when I was in the Marines.

And I can vouch that when I was a member at AFS, I saw DHS qualify quarterly, and they expended quite a few rounds preparing to qualify. To me, it's wasted effort to claim issue with the purchase of ammunition when its purpose is clear. I have more issue with jurisdiction creep and mission than straight ammo contracts.

I dont care if it is justified, i just waint them to know they do have to answer for what they use there budgets for and know we are watching them too.

Back
Top Bottom