Connecticut Sees 'Red' After Horrific Home-Invasion Murders

October 21, 2010

Blue-state Connecticut has undergone a jolting metamorphosis over the past three years, with potential ramifications for the Senate contest between Linda McMahon and Richard Blumenthal. Many residents have become a lot more like red-state Texans than blue-state New Englanders. Now, they're enthusiastic supporters of the death penalty and are fond of handguns and shotguns. It's all due to a horrific home invasion in 2007 in the affluent town of Cheshire, a New Haven suburb.

READ MORE

BULL PUCKEY.

It is not "...all due to..."

The pendulum was swinging that way already and while the invasion did spark some interest in being more active in a person's own defense, I am extremely skeptical that it is swaying voters.

CT also executed a murderer prior to the invasion, for the first time in many years.

Having lived in CT at least a little, and having 50% of my friends who still do, I can pretty much guarantee that the Cheshire murders changed the state exactly not at all. A great deal of the state doesn't even remember, or didn't know about them to begin with.

It makes a great cause-effect narrative, but it's just not really the case. The state has been oscillating back towards Red for a while now. Not all the way, evidently!

Give his lawyers until Friday to file the automatic appeal.

The Appellate Court should hear arguments on the next Friday. Let the justices sleep on it for the week-end, and render their opinions on Monday.

Then this scum could be put down two days later on Wednesday, and everybody would have something extra to be thankful for on Thanksgiving.

--jcr
trivia: Pres. McKinley' murderer was executed 53 days after the shooting (and McKinley lived for 8 days with his wounds).

The difference though in CT is Susan "No need to count the votes" Bysiewicz appointed our new Governor, who by the way wants to abolish Gun Ownership and the Death Penalty....Dan "The Tax Man" Malloy......Special thanks to Bridgeport for waiting 2 days more then allowed by law to submit there vote totals, which allowed to them say they had enough votes so that the Fascist Dan Malloy could seize power..

BREAKING NEWS - Connecticut Secretary of State Susan Bysiewicz announced today that Barack Obama has won the 2012 Presidential Election. Although no votes were counted, she said it doesn't matter, she said so and that's all that matters.

Last edited:
Hopefully, due to the horrific nature of the crime, the public will demand that the justice system actually follow through and execute him as swiftly as the process will allow. In reality, though, the sheep will likely forget about the case in a year. They'll hold candlelight vigils outside the prison until his sentence is reversed and he’s granted conjugal visits.

No problem...I am sure 1960 was the last one before that...there are currently 10 animals waiting to die there right now (Including Hayes fron today)

these two should be burned alive.
Given that my usual opposition to the death penalty rests on the question of being certain that they have the right man with no possibility of a mistake... I agree with you.

If they have been convicted in a court of law, not only do I endorse the above, I'll even light the match.
Need some gasoline for that? I have a few spare gallons I could contribute.

Suppose we could get it carried on the 10 O'clock news? Pour encourager l'es autres, of course. (I hope I spelled that correctly... haven't used high school French in a long time).

Alert Breaking News: Jury Sentences Steven Hayes to 6 counts of Death in Conn. Home Invasion Murder-Rape Trial

They're restoring my faith in American juries...

" Men and women preferred "defense-grade shotguns" because of the relatively short waiting period to buy them -- two weeks as opposed to ninety days for a handgun permit, he noted."

Not sure what that says. Does it mean you need to get a permit to own any guns, and it takes longer to get the permit to own a handgun? Or does it mean after you have your permit, there is a 90 day waiting period for each handgun purchsed?

Last edited:
See, the sad part is, this will be drawn out for at least the next 10 years plus. This POS will undergo appeal after appeal, that will hopefully end with his death. I will believe it when I see him squirming on the table. Sad that this is what we are as a country now, they use to hang pirates on pigs rock out in boston harbor not all that long ago as a deterrent....sad.....

" Men and women preferred "defense-grade shotguns" because of the relatively short waiting period to buy them -- two weeks as opposed to ninety days for a handgun permit, he noted."

Not sure what that says. Does it mean you need to get a permit to own any guns, and it takes longer to get the permit to own a handgun? Or does it mean after you have your permit, there is a 90 day waiting period for each handgun purchsed?

No permit for long guns, but there is a 14 day wait unless you have a pistol permit or a hunting license.
A permit is needed for handguns but no limit on purchases.
The 90 day wait period is for the pistol permit although realistic wait times are anywhere from 6 weeks to 6 months.

No permit for long guns, but there is a 14 day wait unless you have a pistol permit or a hunting license.
A permit is needed for handguns but no limit on purchases.
The 90 day wait period is for the pistol permit although realistic wait times are anywhere from 6 weeks to 6 months.

Some towns get permits done in as little as 2 weeks.....anyone waiting 6 months for a permit is insane and not following up with there PD....Also..just to be clear..NO PERMIT is need to possess a handgun in your home/business in CT....Although one is needed to purchase...but if you happen to move into CT with handguns, or otherwise obtain one while living here, you do not need a permit if you just want to keep it home or at your business..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom