consolidation (more moderating)

Here is an example:
Do a search (try using 1401 as the search term). Check out the many different posts, which are all similar, almost identical.

I know other posts have been merged (all the Heller ones come to mind), and perhaps some of these should as well.

There have been a bunch the past couple weeks which have multiple similar threads. It would be MUCH more clear for people to be steered in the right direction, especially with the ones about new proposed legislation, which show up in general, laws, mass laws, contact your rep, etc. . In other words, there seem to be almost too many topic areas.

Furthermore, the "sticky" notes at the top of the forums block any new content, so it makes it hard to read what is below. Again, maybe unstickying some of these might make sense, or put them in smaller font or something.

Thanks.

This is a general answer and not specific to these forums. The search mechanism pulls from a table to look for the unique keyword you submitted and it may lump all iterations of the that word that you sought. So if the word 'The' was the word you submitted, any thread with the word 'The' in it would be pulled for your query no matter the actual subject or title of the thread.

You may want to start using and contributing to the tags system as it will also help you in the search for particular threads of interest.

Back back on track, if you want to find something specific you'll need to use the advanced search and submit the terms you are looking for, even to the point of searching in particular subforums only.

Did you try the example I gave with 1401? How many different threads do we need on that one bill?

Did you try the example I gave with 1401? How many different threads do we need on that one bill?

We can close those other threads, but I fail to see how that will accomplish
much. I could also consolidate them with the new thread, adding a bunch of old garbage to a new thread.

When I searched on 1401 you know what came up?

-this thread
-the most reacent thread that was posted about it:
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=41301

I guess I'm missing what "the problem" actually is. [laugh]

As far as the missing new stuff issue goes, use the "new posts" function
at the top. That will show you anything which was freshly minted. IMO it is by far the easiest way to see "what's new" on the board.

-Mike

Bah... I merged some of this stuff, there was literally a dupe in there. Happy now? [laugh]

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom