• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Converting pistol to SBR in MA? Why not more popular?

The FFL put the state police in the CLEO box
So, the FFL did the paperwork for you? and It was a form one in your name?

Personally, I would take the gun out of SBR configuration, and wait for the ATF examiner to finish their research, Not sure I would go spending a ton of money on an attorney just yet. Let the ATF use theirs. Just make sure you are AWB compliant on the title one stuff you have

Personally, I would take the gun out of SBR configuration, and wait for the ATF examiner to finish their research, Not sure I would go spending a ton of money on an attorney just yet. Let the ATF use theirs. Just make sure you are AWB compliant on the title one stuff you have

Gun is an assault pistol in non sbr configuration so that is not an option unless he is LE

Gun is an assault pistol in non sbr configuration so that is not an option unless he is LE
With the bolt, and lower removed is it still a “gun” in MA?

Or he could have the FFL hold onto it until things get sorted out

This is a clear reason why it’s always best to avoid any and all contact with the government and law enforcement. Every time. Registration, confiscation, you know the drill. All these SBRs if under the microscope of the State will only cause you all massive headaches, time, and money.

Terrible terrible advice. You never let the government churn in their own juices. The outcome is rarely going to be one you like. Also, this can effect EVERYONE. Should the examiners that cover MA suddenly decide that all SBRs are AWs or that all MP5 clones are AWs even when SBRs or other such nonsense, NO ONE will be able to do a form 1.

An attorney getting involved and writing letters to the ATF and the interim MSP superintendent can "advise" and steer them in the correct direction. The right attorney knows MGL far better than MSP or the ATF. So attorney involvement RIGHT NOW is correct and critical.

I am sure that the FFL did not do the Form 1 but that they assisted him with the Form 1. For example, the person must fill out their own responsible party, certify, etc.

Everyone is talking about the legal side of making a 1911 SBR. How about the mechanical side? all that extra barrel length on an action that tips the barrel to unlock. That small degree of tilt is a lot more movement 10" out. I would expect this to affect a carbine length 1911 as well.

I am sure that the FFL did not do the Form 1 but that they assisted him with the Form 1. For example, the person must fill out their own responsible party, certify, etc.
Those questions were an attempt to find out if this was indeed a form one and not a form four.

Sorry, If everything was done on the up and up, I would not shit my pants over it just yet, but that's just me...... to each their own.

Back
Top Bottom