Cool Rest for Benchrest or Prone Shooters

Ive fiddled with various shooting rests, blocks, sandbags, etc. over the years and Ive never found anythign I thought was very slick. I usually just resort to bipods. I was in Gander the other day and stumbled upon this thing called the Vanguard Porta-Aim. Damn its slick! $35 online or $39 at stores, has a 5 year warranty, feels very well made. This thing is going to find a permanent spot in my range bag for sure. Hope someone else finds it useful!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-q0cc7E5pE

The rest is definitely not flimsy, its got a good enough heft and stance that its pretty stable but still compact and light enough to haul around. I'm not sure if anyone else makes a rest like this, but I imagine this thing would be tough to beat.

A USGI sling is around ten bucks and when used correctly will improve one's marksmanship remarkably.

Nobody uses them because they won't hold up your M-4gery for pretty pictures or hold it draped across your chest so you can look like a tactical operator.

A USGI sling is around ten bucks and when used correctly will improve one's marksmanship remarkably.

Nobody uses them because they won't hold up your M-4gery for pretty pictures or hold it draped across your chest so you can look like a tactical operator.

But what if we ARE tactical operators? [laugh]

These look nice, the model 360 tripod is similar. $300 though! I get hesitant buying an accessory that could be another gun instead.

The Porta Aim is made in China (i know, the first thing I did when I got home was peal off the sticker.) But I feel like the 5 year warranty and $39 price tag helps make up for that. It honestly doesn't feel like it made in China though, its very stable and solid.

They have them on display at Gander Mountain so you can check it out before you buy.

I got one of the VooDoo Tactical Armadillo bags for Christmas a few years ago and it kicks ass. Range bag and rest all in one.

521_1_.jpg

The shoulder strap is beefy enough that when you empty the bag you can roll up the strap and put it inside to support the rest.

Back
Top Bottom