Crap...not another school shooting...3 shot; luckily none died

doobie

Banned
3 shot at Phoenix community college; 2 critical

PHOENIX - Officials say three people were shot Thursday afternoon at South Mountain Community College in Phoenix, and two of them were critically injured.
ADVERTISEMENT

A witness said the shooter had been fighting with another man in a computer building. The gunman seemed to be directing his shots and not firing randomly, said student Yessenia Lara, 18.

"I saw someone get punched and then I heard three shots after that. Everybody basically ducked, and the shooter got away," Lara said, adding that the victims were yelling in pain.

A 25-year-old man and a 22-year-old woman were in critical condition, while a 17-year-old boy was in stable condition, said Mark Faulkner, a division chief for the Phoenix Fire Department. No other information on their injuries was available.

The victims were taken by firefighters to a county hospital, Faulkner said.

There was no information on the person responsible for the shooting, which happened around 4 p.m. MST.

An electronic sign outside the school said all classes were canceled Thursday and students could be seen leaving the campus calmly.

Television footage showed police clustered outside a building.

Situated at the base of Phoenix's South Mountain, the college has more than 8,000 students. Most students are seeking associate degrees and certificates of completion.

Officials reached at the college didn't immediately have any information on the shootings.

Last edited:
Thank God no one died. Hopefully the son of a bitch that did this gets to meet cold hard justice.

I'm kind of suprised that this did not seem to hit mainstream media. Nothing on the news last night or this morning. If it wasn't posted here I don't think I would have even known about it.

Anits keeping it quiet because it happened in an unarmed victim zone?

I did see it on the local Fox news this AM and on Yahoo yesterday. Maybe because no one died the media doesn't care. I think they like it better when people die.

I'm kind of suprised that this did not seem to hit mainstream media. Nothing on the news last night or this morning. If it wasn't posted here I don't think I would have even known about it.

I think they may be sensing the shift in people opinions on school shootings and how the mythical "Gun Free Zones" are an epic failure. And may very well decrease their coverage of school shootings to try and mitigate that opinion shift.

Tom Gresham said on his radio show at one point that he sees the ship starting to turn ever so slowly on the "Gen Free Zone" issue. I agree with him and I wouldn't be in the slightest bit surprised if coverage of such incidents is ratcheted down to try and slow or stop that turn.

School shootings sensationalism is not working to help them gain support for and pass more gun control legislation and may even be working against them in the hearts and minds of people. So they have to back off on it.

Unfortunately this was a verbal argument between two people who just could never get along. It should have never gone that far.

Back
Top Bottom