Cross Breed Holster - Combat cut or not?

I am thinking of getting a CBH and can't decide whether to get the combat cut or not. I know I can order it try it and send it back for the cut but I thought I would reach out to the forum for feedback.

Anyone out there have an opinions or thoughts on the CBH combat cut? Get it or not?

Thanks
Dave

I got mine without, but I wish that I had it. I'll probably just cut it myself eventually.

Thanks guys. The money is not an issue I am just impatient to ship back and forth. I think I'll get the cut as I will sacrifice some comfort for speed....so they say.

understandable. what i like about doing the cutting yourself is i can taylor it to your wants, a buddy of mine got the combat cut and for him there was too much material taken away for his liking.

I cut mine myself. Have not noticed any comfort change. I'd do it again that way (buy not cut, then cut myself) for the custom option.

Good points. Strike my choice. I'd rather do the cut and have the tailor cut to me. Thanks gents!

Order it uncut. You can always cut it yourself or send it back, but once cut you can't add material. I just received mine last week, un-cut. The extra material is there for comfort, as this is meant to be a comfortable, concealable holster. Forget about the hype around the word "combat" in the marketing. Consider the amount of time you will be wearing the holster, versus the amount of time you will spend quick drawing from it in "combat."

Once its worn and broken in, if you decide you need the extra combatness of a combat cut, you can always remove leather as you see fit. You just can't add it back later

You only need the leather where the gun pushes the hammer against you. The rest of the flap is almost useless. You need to leave enough leather to the hammer flap stays supported. In other words, leave more leather than MINIMAL leather if you want it to survive.

I'd just take away small pieces at a time, wearing between cuts, so that you can get a sense for what the leather is doing after the cut, while you are wearing it. That way, you will know when to stop cutting.

If you totally strip away most of that flap, the remainder won't be able to do it's job without scrunching up.

Back
Top Bottom