• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Crossbreed holster sliding.

blindndead

NES Member
My Crossbreed holster is sliding around toward the small of my back. I like it more at rest at the point where my hands are by my side when I am standing upright. I have been doing a lot of sitting today just trying to relax but my carry rig has a mind of its own. Anybody else know what I'm talking about or have this problem or is this just the rig settling and letting me know where it wants to be on my body?

I just got one a few days ago and so far it stays exactly where I put it with the standard metal clips. I wear it at about 3:00 though, so my belt is definitely helping to keep it pinned against my hip.

I have my belt pretty tight and I just got myself a good wide carry belt this weekend that I am now wearing. How tight are we talking? The weight of my rig sags slightly on my carry side. I don't want to loose feeling in my lower half. I understand carrying concealed is not all about comfort but I want to be able to eat a volcano of nachos without loosening my belt to get my meal into my digestive tract.

Maybe make sure one of the j hooks is in front of a sewn belt loop? Shouldn't be able to jump over it. Just a thought.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

5-0 has a good point. As for me when I carry my P238 I can wear my belt on the normal notch for me. When I carry my primary P229 I need it tighter to eliminate the sag. This WOULD stop you from eatting alot. Just my opinion from my experiences.

Sent from my iPhone while my co-worker is getting electrocuted.

Are you using the metal belt clips or the Kydex j-hooks? If using the j-hooks you could try using some velcro. Put velcro on the outside part of the j-hook and then the other part of the velcro on the inside of your belt. That way the velcro locks the j-hooks to the belt and keeps them from moving around. If using the metal clips. Then put the half of the velcro that has the hooks on it on the outside of the Kydex shell. This way the velcro will kind of bite into your pants and keep it from moving around.

My Crossbreed holster is sliding around toward the small of my back. I like it more at rest at the point where my hands are by my side when I am standing upright. I have been doing a lot of sitting today just trying to relax but my carry rig has a mind of its own. Anybody else know what I'm talking about or have this problem or is this just the rig settling and letting me know where it wants to be on my body?

Mine does this as well. Moving it as someone stated in front of the belt loop is too far forward. I'm thinking about trying the small rubber bumpers with adhesive on one side like they use inside cabinet doors.

I have the same issue. Thus, the Crossbread sits in the "pile".
G30 using the plastic clips. I got this so long ago the metal clips were not even an option.

The belt loop should hold it. I have pants with too few loops and my holster moves all over. I haven't tried it yet, but how about a fat rubber band around the belt so the clip can't slide past?

Back
Top Bottom