CT Permit.

It seems I am moving to the state of CT, What towns with in between Plainfield and New Haven are Pro 2A or "green" as afar as getting an CCW permit.

Besides a new job and being closer to the GF [grin], I will be able to get a can.

-DM-

Congrats on the new job and the move! I think you will find the process much easier in CT than MA! Just the whole two step deal sucks, gotta go to the locals first and then to state...

See, I found it the total opposite. Start to finish in MA took me 3 weeks to the day, and the LTC was mailed to me...In CT, it took me 3 MONTHS to get my Pistol Permit. The renewal process for CT is a million times easier though. You can show up to the DOPS and get your new Permit in a matter of 20 minutes.

See, I found it the total opposite. Start to finish in MA took me 3 weeks to the day, and the LTC was mailed to me...In CT, it took me 3 MONTHS to get my Pistol Permit. The renewal process for CT is a million times easier though. You can show up to the DOPS and get your new Permit in a matter of 20 minutes.

you talking about resident or non res?

I had a LTC in CT and moved to MA. When it came time to renew my CT LTC it was just matter of dropping a check in the mail.

Stay as far away from New Haven as possible, the new "trick" by the local PD's is to just reject all permit applications, period. This way they can never be found to declare you a "suitable person" should you ever end up in court on a firearm charge.

Then it falls on you to schedule a hearing with the Appeals Board, which takes about 6-9months. After they make you wait the 8 weeks they have to make a decision.

Almost all appeals from those towns are approved, just makes living there a pain.

Back
Top Bottom