DE - Woman Shoots, Kills Ex-Husband Attacking Her

A 51-year-old Glasgow woman who had an active protection-from-abuse order against her ex-husband shot and killed him late Thursday when he broke into her bedroom and started beating her, police said today.

>snip<

An investigation revealed that Thompson had used a ladder to get into her third-floor bedroom window while she was sleeping, Navarro said.

When he entered the bedroom, Thompson began punching the woman while she was sleeping.

The woman, who had a handgun in the house in close proximity because she feared her ex-husband’s violence, grabbed the gun.....

http://www.delawareonline.com/artic...tic-violence-victim-shoots-kills-attacking-ex

Unpossible, there was a protection order in effect...[thinking]

I'd bet the house USED to be his, mail order Glasgow wife waits the time limit for that states 50/50 split, divorces his arse and he went nuts. I knew of a similar situation.

Mail order wife? What the hell are you talking about?

The Glasgow referenced in the article is a town in Delaware, not in Scotland.

This is an important issue that needs more aggressive PR from our side... "violence against women" groups seem to be one of the most vitriolic/vocal/effective gun grabbers on the premise that the weapon might be used against a woman by a spouse before they are "found out" by the justice system. They then go on to argue that due process should be bypassed for the dead-beat spouse/partner to protect these women.

The reality is that we can never abandon due process and the only real means of protecting anyone is to give them the means to protect themselves...

I'd bet the house USED to be his, mail order Glasgow wife waits the time limit for that states 50/50 split, divorces his arse and he went nuts. I knew of a similar situation.

Wow! You had to subscribe to a whole bunch of assumptions to draw that conclusion. IDGAF if he owned the house and was going broke from alimony and child support. He used a ladder to get into her bedroom apparently with the intention of hurting her.

Back
Top Bottom