Deals and steals

For a $79.99 closeout price ($150 list) I would buy a pair but they don't have 14 Wide (just standard), beside I bought a pair of Keen Durand II a few weeks ago.

Check it out see if they have your size.

🐯

You're an idiot if you don't buy this:
Diamondback 556 barrel, 16", mid-length gas, 1/8T, black nitride, chrome moly lined, medium profile = $80! ($90 shipped)

You're an idiot if you don't buy this:
Diamondback 556 barrel, 16", mid-length gas, 1/8T, black nitride, chrome moly lined, medium profile = $80! ($90 shipped)

reviews are bad, and a lot of complaints about misaligned gas ports.

Boy, if I thought for a minute that I'd be able to find reloading supplies at this late stage, especially considering I'd be completely starting from scratch, I'd be all over this. I sure wish I had been into shooting 20 years ago when my dad got rid of all of his reloading equipment and supplies.

Frank

Might finally be the time to jump into reloading, since I'm already a year too late
It's a nice press. You won't be reloading 300-400 rounds per hour like a progressive press but can't be too picky nowadays I guess.
Definitely a must have if you're reloading rifle calibers.

It's a nice press. You won't be reloading 300-400 rounds per hour like a progressive press but can't be too picky nowadays I guess.
Definitely a must have if you're reloading rifle calibers.

Mostly looking to load 6.5cm and maybe some 223 so I think itll be perfect

Boy, if I thought for a minute that I'd be able to find reloading supplies at this late stage, especially considering I'd be completely starting from scratch, I'd be all over this. I sure wish I had been into shooting 20 years ago when my dad got rid of all of his reloading equipment and supplies.

Frank
Few years ago I picked up my Lee Breechlock Challenger for $100
Still runs short money from my least favorite store, Cabellas (Lee Breech Lock Challenger Kit | Cabela's), however, I don't think I've seen one in stock anywhere for a while. If you do see one though, they're great kits for starting.

Might finally be the time to jump into reloading, since I'm already a year too late

You might wait a year to even start. Limp along with store-bought ammo. Components are just as high and twice as scarce. Buying a pile of components at high prices just causes you to be reloading for MORE than the cost of a box of ammo next year. :(

You can get a press. But be careful on components.

You might wait a year to even start. Limp along with store-bought ammo. Components are just as high and twice as scarce. Buying a pile of components at high prices just causes you to be reloading for MORE than the cost of a box of ammo next year. :(

Im more into it for handload precision data rather than quantity for now. I'll have to shoot my factory ammo to get enough brass to load anyway

I prefer oldschool gas impingement, but I’d say this is a decent deal for a 14.5” if pistons strike your fancy. Multiple vendor options.

I keep putting it off "until next year." Mostly to avoid researching until my eyes fall out to make sure I don't buy the "wrong" single stage. Maybe I should stop delaying

I've been meaning to take his class. I think this makes the decision: but the Hornady now, and save up for the Dillon "someday." Everything I've read says it can't hurt to have both.
Definitely good to have both. I have a Lee single stage just for resizing rifle brass and a progressive press to bang out large volumes of pistol ammo. I also use the progressive press for seating (and sometimes crimping depending on the bullet) bullets in various rifle calibers. I get better consistency in resizing on the single stage

Back
Top Bottom