• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Decimal points are important.

Could have been worse:
and
and
and
and many more

View attachment 794798

Clean? It's full of chatter marks from either cutting too fast or a dull tool.
Well, it was done on a $400 machine with a V-tip engraving tool not a true cutting bit, so I'm actually surprised that it even went all the way through. I have no intention of trying it to actually mill aluminum, I just want to try a little artistic engraving.

So this is closer to what I want. The issue now is I need to sharpen my skills with Adobe Illustrator, since it was my initial vector graphic that introduced the errors in the engraving.
IMG_3519.jpg

In what way?
The blue field with the stars always goes toward the front.

In the right side of a person/airplane/boat/car/gun the “pole” is on the right, as if the flag were waving s as the thing (car/plane/person) was moving in that direction.

On the left side it’s depicted the other way

Interesting, just about every waving flag image I found followed the rule of a flag hanging on a wall, which is to have the union uppermost and to the flag's right (the viewers left). I just googled "waving us flag image" looking for a vector image I could use as a starting point. Easy enough to reverse it in the future.

Interesting, just about every waving flag image I found followed the rule of a flag hanging on a wall, which is to have the union uppermost and to the flag's right (the viewers left). I just googled "waving us flag image" looking for a vector image I could use as a starting point. Easy enough to reverse it in the future.
Check out the next police/fire vehicle you see. Check the flags on the passenger side 👍

Back
Top Bottom