Deer hunting in NH (first time in NH & with Pistol this year)

Think I am going to give it a shot with pistol this year. I usually go home to Michigan for a week or so and have good luck with bow, shotgun. But due to work I cannot take time off, so I will be Sunday only hunting and therefore I will need someplace not to far into NH. I am in North Andover and would travel 30-1hr each way. Any recommendations as to possible towns I should look at (state land) and any body looking to go on a Sunday once I/we do some early scouting.

I will be using a 44mag and look forward to meeting fellow NES'er hunters.

Thanks and have a great day
Bruce

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the only thing you can use in Unit M is a shotgun....you may have to drive a bit further I think.

Can you use pistols there ( in Unit M)....I know rifles are not allowed... ?

Also, fyi - the antlerless deer UNIT M permits just became available, first come, first served....

DixiDawg...thanks for that post URL.

So I was wrong, thankfully, about handguns and deer hunting !. On page 28 the "Towns with Special Rules" section says that deer hunting in those towns is allowed only by shotgun, muzzleloading rifle, and Handgun calibers .357 magnum, 10mm auto,.41 remington, .44 magnum, .45 long colt or .480 ruger.
The list of towns includes most of the southernmost towns...

Back
Top Bottom