DENIED MY CLASS LTC TWICE

I got denied my class A LTC the first time. Was given my FID card. The chief told me to come back in a year and if i dont get in any trouble he will issue my LTC ALP. Well i waited 18 months just for good measure. He denied me again. What should i do? Try and gain residency in another town, which i could have the same issue getting denied for suitability. Should i hire a lawyer and get a judicial review. But i dont have 4 grand to spend. In which i shouldnt have to pay because it is my right. I need some advice. Thanks

I got denied my class A LTC the first time. Was given my FID card. The chief told me to come back in a year and if i dont get in any trouble he will issue my LTC ALP. Well i waited 18 months just for good measure. He denied me again. What should i do? Try and gain residency in another town, which i could have the same issue getting denied for suitability. Should i hire a lawyer and get a judicial review. But i dont have 4 grand to spend. In which i shouldnt have to pay because it is my right. I need some advice. Thanks

I'm gonna tell you this to prepare you for whats about to come. If you are not willing to tell everyone what kind of "trouble" you may or may not have gotten into in the past I would say don't ask for advice, BUT it seems as though from your post that perhaps you have had some law issues in the past? Is that a correct assumption? If so what were they? How old were you when this took place? All of these types of things will play a huge role into whether or not you can get one and what kind of advice anyone here can give you. If my assumption is incorrect and there have been no hiccups then this would be worth fighting.

Might want to PM member JCOHEN for some insight as well

The first question is: Was it a suitabiity denial? It sounds like it since you got an FID, but lord knows the laws in this state are ridiculous.

SOunds like you need legal representation to get your LTC. DO you mean the FLRB review when you say "judicial review"? If so, they won't help you with a suitability denial. YTOu need to talk to a forearms attorney, Like Jesse Cohen (jcohen), Darius Arbabi (Cross-X) Keith Langer or Hickson (cant recall his first name, but he is hicksonj on NES).

Yeah i have a/b's on my record, no convictions. Yes it was denial based on suitbility. It was 4 years ago and older. I have letters or recommendation from numerous people, also letter from officer who says i was never an aggressor in anything on my record, also letters from supposed victims claiming i was faulsly accused, and also letters from people that have there class a alp. Im willing to get police reports, and do anything it takes to get my license. I want it for numerous reasons; want to get my grand father and fathers guns that were willed to me, want to get on the pistol team at the gun club, plan on going to the plymouth county sherriff academy.

Yeah i have a/b's on my record, no convictions. Yes it was denial based on suitbility. It was 4 years ago and older. I have letters or recommendation from numerous people, also letter from officer who says i was never an aggressor in anything on my record, also letters from supposed victims claiming i was faulsly accused, and also letters from people that have there class a alp. Im willing to get police reports, and do anything it takes to get my license. I want it for numerous reasons; want to get my grand father and fathers guns that were willed to me, want to get on the pistol team at the gun club, plan on going to the plymouth county sherriff academy.

Your story reminds me a lot of a buddy of mine who got into a little trouble then turned it around and is now a cop. great upstanding guy. Good luck with this and as myself and other mentioned it would definitely be worth your time to contact some of the members here who are attorneys.

There are two avenues open to you: negotiation and district court review. Negotiation tends to go better when there are two professionals talking about you (your attorney and the chief) than you attempting to negotiate yourself. That's just the way it is.

An initial consult will be short $$; negotiation somewhat more; and the kind of $$ you're talking about is in the right ballpark to try a LTC denial appeal in district court. When you go for your office consult, ask what kind of track record the attorney has in negotiation and in district court appeals, and what percentage (s)he gets resolved in the applicant's favor without getting to the point of an court case.

Is it just me? Or does it seem like there are a lot of people who "got into a little trouble then turned it around" who express an interest in law enforcement careers?

Anyway, I wish you luck, jjp. It really sucks to be caught up in the thornbush that is Massachusetts gun law.

Contact Jesse Cohen or any of the other great attorneys here in NES. I can personally vouch for Jesse, who was VERY fair on cost and got the job done for me (issuing authority was holding my LTC hostage and refusing to void it so I could apply for ALP in my new green town). Needless to say Jesse got them to cooperate and my ALP license should be in the mail within a month

Please don't talk too much about your circumstances. Talk to the attorneys who have been recommended to you.

... "That is all."

Back
Top Bottom