• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dillon resizing die "C-Clip"

Last night loading 9mm, the c-clip, or e-clip, whatever style clip its called, broke on my Dillon sizing die. This resulted in the decapping stem hanging down through the die body. I was able to salvage the reloading session by stealing a clip off of another sizing die not in use. This clip is exactly like the clip that retains the hinge pin for a dust cover for an AR, only much larger. I'm sure its a standardized clip available at any hardware store, but I didn't think to bring it with me so I could stop on the way home and pick a few up. Does anyone know the style, size of this clip?

Edit: Found it. It's a 1/4" E-Clip

Last night loading 9mm, the c-clip, or e-clip, whatever style clip its called, broke on my Dillon sizing die. This resulted in the decapping stem hanging down through the die body. I was able to salvage the reloading session by stealing a clip off of another sizing die not in use. This clip is exactly like the clip that retains the hinge pin for a dust cover for an AR, only much larger. I'm sure its a standardized clip available at any hardware store, but I didn't think to bring it with me so I could stop on the way home and pick a few up. Does anyone know the style, size of this clip?

Edit: Found it. It's a 1/4" E-Clip
Take the stem to the hardware store. When you determine the right size, buy a dozen or so.

Take the stem to the hardware store. When you determine the right size, buy a dozen or so.

I remember launching the E clip for the ejection port hinge. I thought it was absurd that one was $1.89 with $3.95 shipping, and saw that someone had posted a link to amazon for a box of 100/ea for $2.85. I figured this was the same deal, and it is. Google-foo worked pretty fast this time. I've got probably 20K loaded rounds through that 9mm toolhead, so a 10c E clip here and there isn't a big deal.

Back
Top Bottom