Disappointed at MFS

Status
Not open for further replies.
MFS does a good job. They have a great facility, and yhe fact that soemone pisses on the toilet seat during the Saturday night crowd, and its cold because its minus 10 outside is not all that outrageous.

Problem is, if it's safe, for the range, saying, "this is OK, this is not!" becomes arbitrary. If someone is shooting a Pardini, trying to get a 100 / 10X target, should everyone with a noisy gun have to wait, so that they can focus on the trigger pull?
Oh, I understand. It's a business decision (allowing shotguns in all lanes at all hours) that MFS had to make... but then they have to live with the consequences too. I know for a fact that it has driven away potential members. But then again, maybe it has added a few as well. [thinking]

Overall MFS runs a great place. I've been there multiple times over the past few years and I've witnessed both good and bad

I've been there when the range was freezing cold. I had my coat on and was still shivering. I know it's from the great ventilation but it made it hard to keep shots on paper. I've also been there in the pouring rain and howling wind and I was damn glad it was warm and dry.

They can get over run and the bathrooms aren't sized appropriately for when they're full with classes. So that is a possible opportunity for Steve to resolve.

It's nice to see Steve on this forum and very active to respond to feedback. He clearly wants to make a positive impact and takes great care of NES folks. He's offered countless free range use and rentals to member here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MFS is a good place, very happy with my membership and the service there.

just curious, since the indoor range has an air exchange system, could they just bring in a fire pit? This thing is probably cheaper than a HVAC on the super cold days....

just curious, since the indoor range has an air exchange system, could they just bring in a fire pit? This thing is probably cheaper than a HVAC on the super cold days....

Other than fire code; issues with unburnt powder posing a hazard; carbon monoxide; and cleanup of the ashes this is a great idea.

This is not going the way the OP anticipated lol

Clearly you don't know me. I love a good discustion, even a well formed argument. What I don't see the point of is the short, non substantive comments and personal attacks. Of course even these contribute by showing that the poster has nothing of substance (fact or opinion on the subject) to add. So ya, I'm liking this.

Personally I'd be more frustrated by wrecked bathrooms. In a for-profit facility that should be something easy to stay on top of. Just takes a checklist and regular visits, the way retail and commercial operations have been doing it for decades.

I was actually going to let this go since I took it to mean they had been unusually busy because it was so cold outside. But I realized that this runs contrary to the heating situation and LATER decided it was more important.

If you had spoken to them and gave them a chance to explain to you or rectify the situation or offer an apology or a free day or time at their range then you would be good. And if after you had spoken to them and they didn't rectify the situation or offer an apology or a free day or time at their range then you might be justified by airing your grievances in a public internet discussion form. ....
But you never gave them a chance. So it's kind of not fair to MFS and then to see their response which I believe would have been the exact same response had you reported this to them in private.

Should have given them the chance in private but I stand by you and support your right to take it public first. An unfortunate consequence of that is you have to take the jabs...lol

I assume you missed the part where I brought it up on my way out and it was dismissed as just the way it is. That's when I started rethinking things.

As for the time I did stay (someone commented on this), all I can say is me and my son went there to try out his new VP9. Frankly I would have driven further and shot outside if I didn't have a closer, indoor, warmer range to go to...or so I thought.

MFS replied in a very appropriate manner and I'll give them a few more tries as a non-member and see how it goes.

BTW they have a good price on the VP9, my son paid about $10 less at Foxborough and we both think the extra is more than worth going to a brick & mortar store. Sometimes this will happen with impulse purchases.

You are possibly having a reading comprehension problem.

The OP definitely has a right to his opinion and also a right to safe adequate accommodations when he goes somewhere and pays to shoot. As for the cold, that was extreme. As to the other issues the OP mentioned why did he not take it up with MFS when he was there? I know the OP said he wasn't trashing MFS but you kind of are when you claim you were going to join and then because of these things you are not.

If you had spoken to them and gave them a chance to explain to you or rectify the situation or offer an apology or a free day or time at their range then you would be good. And if after you had spoken to them and they didn't rectify the situation or offer an apology or a free day or time at their range then you might be justified by airing your grievances in a public internet discussion form.

But you never gave them a chance. So it's kind of not fair to MFS and then to see their response which I believe would have been the exact same response had you reported this to them in private.

Should have given them the chance in private but I stand by you and support your right to take it public first. An unfortunate consequence of that is you have to take the jabs...lol

First I want to say that the past few times I was there everything was great. Even this time, last night, the people were great, the shop prices fair, everyone was friendly. I was planning on joining, their location is very close. But last night convinced me otherwise.

The range was freezing. We're talking " can see my breath" cold. Had to leave after only 20-30 min. Of course it's pay by the hour. I mentioned it to them and it was politely dismissed as just the way it is because it's cold outside. But isn't part of the reason for an indoor range so you can shoot when the weather sucks. I'll add that the restrooms were a disaster and the brass on the range floor so bad it was a hazard.

So despite being minutes from my house, and I would have been using their ammo exclusively, I'm not joining.

Hopefully someone from MFS will see this and take it as constructive and fix things. Like I said, my other experiences there were great.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I assume you missed the part where I brought it up on my way out and it was dismissed as just the way it is. That's when I started rethinking things.

My mistake then. The way you wrote it, it seemed that you only mentioned the cold and the afterthought seemed to be in your post only. So my apologies for misunderstanding the order and time in which you listed your complaints.

Ok I think the cement truck has rounded the corner...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom