Pilgrim

NES Member
RETIRED, at home or wherever I want to be
Here;s The THR thread: http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=286786

original posting:

http://cbs11tv.com/topstories/local_...185074228.html

Quote:
Fort Worth Robbery Suspect Shot, But Not By Police
(CBS 11 News) FORT WORTH Gunshots rang out at an Albertsons grocery store in Fort Worth after a robbery attempt on Tuesday night. A suspect was shot, but not by the police.

The incident took place at about 11:30 p.m. at the store located on Sycamore School Road.

According to the Fort Worth Police Department, three armed men walked into the store and began robbing customers and employees. One of the victims called her husband who was waiting just outside of the store. The husband then walked into the store with a concealed handgun and confronted one of the suspects.

"We certainly don't encourage that," said Lt. J.D. McCarthy with the Fort Worth Police Department. "We ask that, most of the time, contact the police department and let patrol officers handle those situations."

The suspect, identified as Raysun Johnson, was shot in the backside as he was leaving the scene. He is undergoing surgery at JPS Hospital in Fort Worth, and is expected to be arrested when he is released.

The other two suspects fled the scene and have not yet been found.

Police are calling the shooting an act of self-defense, and are not charging the husband.
This a little different, eh? ***ring*** Hello? Could you please come in here and shoot these guys?

more here:

Quote:
http://www.star-telegram.com/metro_n...ry/158522.html
Man shares story of shooting suspected robber at store
By ALEX BRANCH
[email protected]

FORT WORTH -- It was a phone call he says he'll never forget — his wife's voice on his cellphone pleading "there's nothing in my purse" to someone pointing a gun at her face.

That's what a 56-year-old Fort Worth man, who is licensed to carry a concealed weapon, said he heard before he shot an armed robber late Tuesday at a grocery store.

"I still can't believe it," the man said. "You tell yourself this will never happen. Then you run to the store in your house shoes and practically your pajamas ... and it happens."

A police spokesman said an investigation is ongoing but called the man a Good Samaritan. The Star-Telegram is not identifying the man because he said he is afraid for his family's safety.

One suspect is recovering from gunshot wounds in the hospital, but at least two suspects remain at large, police said.

The Samaritan said he and his wife made a late stop at the store for yogurt and soda. He sat outside in the car while his wife went inside. He soon noticed two men crouching suspiciously in the parking lot.

About 11:30 p.m., three men carrying semiautomatic weapons burst into Albertsons, 3525 Sycamore School Road, in an "invasion-style manner," said Lt. Dean Sullivan, a police spokesman.

The robbers took purses and wallets from customers, he said.

Outside, the Samaritan said he watched the robbers go in and dialed 911. He said he told the dispatcher he was worried about his wife and was going inside.

"I was hoping she was still at the back of the store near the yogurt," he said. "But as I walking up, she called my cellphone. I heard her talking about her purse and then a heard a loud banging sound."

He would later learn, he said, that the bang was his wife dropping her phone when a robber ripped the purse from her hands. But, at the time, he said, he thought she might have been hurt.

The Samaritan said he entered the store and saw a man pointing a gun at him, so he raised his hands in the air.

They both started to speak at the same time. Then, the Samaritan said, he sensed that the man was about to shoot him.

“He has his finger on the trigger,” he said.

So, he said, he drew his Berretta and fired first.

three men carrying semiautomatic weapons burst into Albertsons

It's those evil semi automatic weapons again. Notice they didn't call the gg's Beretta a semi automaic?

Last edited:
The Star-Telegram is not identifying the man because he said he is afraid for his family's safety.

Try getting that kind of respect in the MA area. As far as the semi-auto comment, at least they correctly identified the guns... they could have called them assault weapons!

Back
Top Bottom