Does anybody know about these target pistols?

Joe G

NES Member
It's a cased target pistol being sold by Century Arms:

http://www.centuryarms.biz/proddetail.asp?prod=HG1848%2DG

It looks very cool. I've never seen one like it so I'm curious. Does anybody know what it is, how good it is, and how much Century is asking for them?

They don't show prices unless you're a dealer. I used to have an 03 login with them that allowed me to see what they're charging. But they've since revamped their site so that it uses a new userid. And in any case the C&R that I had on file with them has expired and they don't have the update from my renewal.

A little bit of information on the Pilkguns "TargetTalk" forum here: http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?t=14679

You may find more if you scroll through the older threads (they don't appear to have a search function).

I would imagine this can't be legal for sale into the Worker's Paradise of Massachusetts at the moment. Maybe it will appear on the target guns list if one ever comes out.

Toz 35 is a free pistol designed for the 60 shot 50 meter men's event in the olympics and issf international shooting.
It has a set trigger of around 5 to 40 grams. very light. The general technique for loading and firing is to load a round in the chamber, pull the trigger back and then set the trigger and then release the trigger. The gun is then ready to shoot. The reason is that the trigger is so fine that if one just cocks the gun it will wear the sear unless it is cocked while holding the trigger down.
It was designed in the 60's by a Yefim Kaidurov (sp?), and is still in wide use in the olympics today, but is being now pushed out of contention by the newer electronic trigger Morini 84e free pistol.
The Toz is one of the most well regarded free pistols ever made, and I believe, but I'm not sure, that the world record holder Bill Demarest used one to set his record.
Kaidurov and another person named Raznarov(sp?) designed and built other custom made pistols for the russian olympic shooting teams, such as the khr30 standard pistol, of which the Feinwerkbau AW93 is designed from.

Wow I have not heard of an eletronic trigger, can you tell me more about what an electronic trigger is?

Instead of having a mechanical linkage, it has an electronic mechanism.

Pulling the trigger completes an electric circuit. They usually have a battery in the grip. There is an actuator that then moves the firing pin to fire the cartridge.

The advantage is that there is no movement of the trigger when it releases.
The trigger letoff is determined by weight as opposed to distance.

The Morini gun also has a sensor beam in the trigger guard which acts as a trigger lockout until the finger is inside the guard.

Back
Top Bottom