• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Help me decide between these two rifles.

1903Collector

NES Member
Looking for a companion bolt gun in 6.5 Grendel to go along with my AR's, On a tight budget on this one so I'm looking at a Ruger American and a Howa mini. On paper both these rifles look about equal, I've owned a lot of Ruger's over the years but never a Howa, and they are both about equal in price. The Ruger has a leg up as I think it uses the same magazines as the AR's.

Suggestions?

Looking for a companion bolt gun in 6.5 Grendel to go along with my AR's, On a tight budget on this one so I'm looking at a Ruger American and a Howa mini. On paper both these rifles look about equal, I've owned a lot of Ruger's over the years but never a Howa, and they are both about equal in price. The Ruger has a leg up as I think it uses the same magazines as the AR's.

Suggestions?
Howa has a better stock, and seems a little better finished. I saw a mini with a scope in X39 a year or so ago and wish I bought it, it seemed fairly solid and was only like 400 bucks with the scope. I believe the Howa's are made in Japan, so they aren't crap.

I have several Americans (308, 6.5, .223) and they are good guns, but certainly not lookers in the finish department. Good barrels though, most are sub moa....especially the 6.5 manbun is a shooter.

Been struggling with getting a X39 on which brand to get to burn up some old unused AK ammo. Wish I really bought a CZ when they made them, and kinda what I was looking for.

Howa has a better stock, and seems a little better finished. I saw a mini with a scope in X39 a year or so ago and wish I bought it, it seemed fairly solid and was only like 400 bucks with the scope. I believe the Howa's are made in Japan, so they aren't crap.

I have several Americans (308, 6.5, .223) and they are good guns, but certainly not lookers in the finish department. Good barrels though, most are sub moa....especially the 6.5 manbun is a shooter.

Been struggling with getting a X39 on which brand to get to burn up some old unused AK ammo. Wish I really bought a CZ when they made them, and kinda what I was looking for.
Thanks for that.
I think the magazine compatibility on the Ruger may be the deciding factor as I'm already heavily into the Grendel but I'll get a few more opinions.

Back
Top Bottom