Double action revolver in .22 Mag for bug out kit

Far from a .22 Magnum fan in revolvers, but I have some single actions in .22 Mag, but they're all convertibles with .22 LR cylinders. Anyway, long story short I've decided on getting a .410/.22 Mag over/under Chiappa and I'm thinking of getting a companion pistol in .22 Mag to go with it. Prefer double action, prefer it to hold more than 6 rds, and want it to be lightweight, so Aluminum frame. Only thing I'm not sure about is barrel length, I guess 3 inches would be the minimum. Also, nothing over $600.

This is just something I'm throwing out there to get others thoughts on, I may or may not decide to stick with my single actions instead.

you said it's for a bug out kit, (in your title); why limit yourself to .22 (Mag), and a revolver?

Bug out kit is for when things go bad. I've got a Glock G17 with a weapon light on it and a spare mag in my grab 'n' go.

You could get a governor and have a 45 cal / 410 pistol? Just a thought :cool:

Far from a .22 Magnum fan in revolvers, but I have some single actions in .22 Mag, but they're all convertibles with .22 LR cylinders. Anyway, long story short I've decided on getting a .410/.22 Mag over/under Chiappa and I'm thinking of getting a companion pistol in .22 Mag to go with it. Prefer double action, prefer it to hold more than 6 rds, and want it to be lightweight...
For this application, a revolver which can only fire .22 magnum seems like an oddly constricting choice?

You could get a governor and have a 45 cal / 410 pistol? Just a thought :cool:
Much better option, only slightly outside OPs price and weight range.

get on one of those online gun seller/auction sites and find a s&w kit gun from years gone by. it's what they were made for. they came with a 3" bbl too.

I always wonder where people are going to bug out TO? 🤔
Good question. Hope they're not planning to wander into the North...

A defender's advantage includes less concern about portability; Bring that .22 WMR popgun up the wrong driveway and you may find the landowner is ready with something crew-served.

Back
Top Bottom