• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

DRONES ?

I'm still learning with my drone, but having a good time. I get a little nervous when it's out of VLOS, but have been practicing. I've been playing around with the Fly app editing as well.

Have you printed any pictures yet?

I watch Walgreens for coupons for reduced printing costs and I have printed as large as 24 X 36 with no problems

Try a couple of 11 X 17's to start.

Have you printed any pictures yet?

I watch Walgreens for coupons for reduced printing costs and I have printed as large as 24 X 36 with no problems

Try a couple of 11 X 17's to start.
I haven't done many still shots, I'm more focused on just getting confident flying than anything else.

I know how you feel, even after 3.5 years I get nervous when it wanders too far out.

But I have snapped pictures constantly almost every time it goes up.

Attachments

• DJI_0342.JPG
    DJI_0342.JPG
    599 KB · Views: 12
I have capture many great drone pics with my mavic pro. I'm not saying I'm a pro. But I do fly high and far to capture epic pics. I pay attention to my remote and surrounding. When the signal is weak, don't push it further. In open area, I can fly up 2000 ft and a mile away before signal weaken. As usual, the DJI remote can be mod with better antenna and using signal booster. I'm using oem remote with no modification. Just an FYI, never fly the drone under a metal bridge/structure. You will have some fun finding your drone.

DJI_0085.JPG

DJI_0155.JPG

DJI_0068.JPG

just remember the batteries do not like cold, you won't get near the time in the air you do when they are warm... keep it close, keep it low.

If it is foggy, low cloud cover, humid and cold, your props will start to ice over and once that happens unless you can get on the ground fast you are FUBAR'd

look at the dew point before you fly in the cold

A friend has a sweet setup. Basically push a couple of buttons, watch monitor, push button, land on the table next to you.

There's alligators in them that waters. Choot 'em.

The kill zone on a gator is in the back of the head, not an easy shot to get.

Normally the gators leave us alone, we'll bump into one now and then but in 8+ years we have never had a problem.... my neighbors have ignored HOA rules and have found gators in their garage, including a 8 footer last summer. There is a reason your garage doors are supposed to be closed.

There is one that suns itself 297 feet from my back door, he is known as "Grandpa" to my neighbors, and he is a good 8+ feet too.

He is the one in the last pic (below)

Gator 3-13.jpg gator sidewalk.jpg gatort.jpg DJI_0519.JPG

I'd shit if I saw that thing come at me...

Sounds like a mini-Stuka and a dentist's drill made a baby...

I know this is old but I'd say don't bother unless you know you will use it all the time, anytime I get any RC stuff its cool for a bit and then it collects dust in the basement as I get tired of charging, taking it out, etc.

I had an old Blade 350 but sold it to a friend as it just sat in the box

Back
Top Bottom